Andi & Tangy attempt Friday 16th Oct

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
mps247
Zone 4

Re: Andi & Tangy attempt Friday 16th Oct

Post by mps247 »

Going Underground wrote:For those many of you that are too young to know what we are on about try google images
That's made me rather depressed Kevin... I didn't think I was that old... :cry:
jbom1

Post by jbom1 »

It might have been interesting if they'd run into this guy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8310436.stm
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

A swearing contest between him & andi would be worth the watch.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

Disgusting! No respect whatsoever. Wish I was there....I'd wanna sling him under the train for the way he treated that old man!

OK I know people in customer serving roles do get a lot of stress and hassle dealing with the public, I should know because I work in a busy shop, but I for one would never even try speaking to someone like that because I know I'd get the sack. It's just not right. People should respect others, even if they are being difficult or whatever. But the way that worker treated that man, its just not acceptable. I dont blame the woman for looking shocked at the end. I dont blame her. I bet a load of other people were shocked too!

Rant over now lol... :)
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

And I know Andi would win every time :lol:
Zone 1 Winner 2009

Comic Relief 2015
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Well yesterday was actually quite fun in the end we completed in a time of 18h 07m 08s.

Yes we had an incident wiv a driver taking a photograph of a station young tangy was slightly over the yellow line and therefore stopped the train and ranted about btp i apologised for us but i did think he over reacted and got station staff involved.This incident caused a chain of events to a train which took double the amount it takes on jp just kept stopping and stopping we did a quick check and somehow we were 30 mins down from where we were.

So we knew we could draw some of that amount of time back but i think we were a bit deflated losing 30 mins does that too u in a hour so we thought we turn it into recee type fnc wiv the aim of completion we tried some weird runs and totally thinking outside the box.
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:Yes we had an incident wiv a driver taking a photograph of a station...
:D
palkanetoijala31

garion24wales wrote:And I know Andi would win every time :lol:
i would have told him where he could stick his attitude yesterday i was very polite actually i have footage of the incident we got in trouble for depending on the forum reactions i might release it.?
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Pproably best to release it on your website with a link to it on this forum in one of your posts remember neil does not want us to break it while he is away.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
palkanetoijala31

for anybody on facebook that knows me can look at the link judge for urself whether martin is over line.
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

Well only one foot was behind the line. And Martin was facing the wrong way if he was going to jump. I wouldn't say he was completely behind the line because both feet would have had to been on the other side. He was close to the edge, but could have been a lot closer. I can understand the driver being worried or annoyed but I would have thought he would have used his head to figure out he wasnt going to jump, unless we all jump backwards now...

Here's the picture from Facebook if any of you would like to comment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zone 1 Winner 2009

Comic Relief 2015
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Maybe he was concerned that the fact he could not see the train and may have fallen?

You need to stand well behind the yellow line.

I'm just station staff and I get concerned with passengers being too close, i'm forever shouting at Matt for it, so can see why the driver was so worried.
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

True, but surely a blow on the whistle should be enough for Martin/any person to see the train and step back. No need to stop the train and have a rant and a lecture about it? I dunno, thats just my way of thinking lol.
Zone 1 Winner 2009

Comic Relief 2015
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Depends, you don't know the drivers background, if he has had bad experiences in the past then he may have been properly shook up.
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

Also true. You never know what the driver of a train has experienced in the past...
Zone 1 Winner 2009

Comic Relief 2015