TUBE 12 MEDIA ATTEMPT/TUBE 13 CHARLIE,CALAMITY & COMPLETION

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
palkanetoijala31

TUBE 12 MEDIA ATTEMPT/TUBE 13 CHARLIE,CALAMITY & COMPLETION

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Well the aborted media attempt will now go ahead next tuesday 60% chance of rain on that day.But the snow will be gone so for updates watch this space.
Last edited by palkanetoijala31 on 31 Oct 2009, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
palkanetoijala31

Re: Media Attempt.

Its loking like this attempt will go ahead as planned Tuesday 13th February.I believe its a team of 6 people with myself and Sara helping them in various bits especially with their running in my case directing them where they wish to go.
CSouthwell
Zone 1

Post by CSouthwell »

the 13th is a friday... :wink:
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

CSouthwell wrote:the 13th is a friday... :wink:
I think Andi has been on the Guinness again :) As far as I'm aware the attempt is Tuesday 10th February. Hopefully the weather and service will be better than today, so far it has been dreadful.
One day I shall return!
palkanetoijala31

Soup Dragon wrote:
CSouthwell wrote:the 13th is a friday... :wink:
I think Andi has been on the Guinness again :) As far as I'm aware the attempt is Tuesday 10th February. Hopefully the weather and service will be better than today, so far it has been dreadful.
I didnt spot the mistake and yes i was drinking at time but not Guinness its was Spitfire.Tomorrow attempt is going ahead as far as i know with a slight chance of a snow shower more sleet but better weather than today.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

So they aren't actually going for a GWR then???

Does that make you feel better? :wink:
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

scrxisi wrote:Apparently their luck is incredible, and they are now up on GWR pace...

That can all change in an instant though....

(if it does, I will not take responsibility!!)

jbom1

Post by jbom1 »

In which case they may regret not keeping a log and getting the witness statements?
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Yes I also heard that they are having incredible luck. Apparently so far they have not missed a single bus/train/tram connection. If they aren't logging it will be a great shame should they beat the record.
One day I shall return!
palkanetoijala31

Yes attempt was abandoned at Aldgate East Due to the whole line east of Whitechapel being Suspended and it was the only real bit on the Eastern side of the map so no options to go off and do something else.We could have taken the chance of c2c out to Upminster but i believe trains were not running westbound either and some1 said their luck out to run out somewhere.

164 stations were done in a time of 8h 27 mins something but their achieved their goal of Filming the whole attempt and got about 4-5 hours footage despite some misgivings from tfl staff particular at Aldgate East (B**stard called the police on us.)

Their Begginers Luck was no joke listen to their resume (perfect Ken o, MHE direct train.And only a 5 min wait for the Hainault train which gave just enough for a nice toilet/snack break a 307 bus the second they get out of High Barnet.A tram at Wimbledon and would u believe a 93 bus just nice at Morden Road.They were no real long waits during the day except at Edgeware road which pegged their 10 mins back otherwise they were still running around or just a few minutes down on Gwr all day.

I Believe they learnt the following lessons get some good sleep the night before do some exercise at the end i was probably the only 1 not suffering from the effects.

In all it be a good documentary hope they pass whatever it is they are going for and i get a copy of whatever is produced.Now for Friday.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Get some good sleep the night before? I managed to break the record on 45 minutes sleep the night before!!

palkanetoijala31

Sam wrote:Get some good sleep the night before? I managed to break the record on 45 minutes sleep the night before!!
Might work for u i only got 2 hours sleep i think they needed a lot more though lots of pro plus was going around.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

I doubt it'll work these days, I was younger then, ha ha!! :P

palkanetoijala31

Well the team was 7

(Leanne,Laura,Amy,Will Camera Team) Chris and i forgot his name but he reminded me of a Geoff Marshall so thats probably why.They were the 2 actually doing the attempt and the presenters i chipped in with my points of view and advice of how to drink 5 pints before a challenge and not eat food for example.I think the most exhausting bit for me was the High Barnet i planned to go up to the top bus stop for the 2 extra buses and saw the 307 at the top a quick turn around and a burst of speed saw me catch the bus nice bus driver waited for the camera team.

I got on the top trying to catch my breath was trying so hard not to swear at camera thinking for **** sake how lucky can u get the best bus at the right time i have been doing this for ages and never got that lucky :twisted:
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Hold on, what happened at Aldgate East that required the police?!