Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Re: Flying Finn 11th Attempt live updates

Post by Soup Dragon »

Soup Dragon wrote:
Soup Dragon wrote:00 DAYS 01 HOURS 01 MINUTES
Since this challenge commenced NOT based on Amersham gambit
Andi has been sighted and the challenge is underway :wink:
Last edited by Soup Dragon on 12 Jan 2009, 07:34, edited 1 time in total.
One day I shall return!
A2
Zone 4

Post by A2 »

I'll hazard a guess of Woodford, with an Epping finish :)
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

A2 wrote:I'll hazard a guess of Woodford, with an Epping finish :)
If i was going to do that wouldnt an Roding Valley start be better and a few minutes less.seeing as u pass through woodford at the end.
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

I wonder where Andi is starting from.
Root wrote:My guess is Heathrow Terminal 4.
palkanetoijala31 wrote:Root is right
Ah, that's for clearing that up, Andi. I guess we don't need any more discussion about th-
jbom1 wrote:will it be Chesham, Heathrow T4 or T5, Upminster, Epping (not the 05:49)? or something utterly unexpected?
Didn't Andi already say where he's start-
Soup Dragon wrote:I reckon I know where Andi is starting
Well, he did already confirm that it's going to be Heathr-
A2 wrote:I'll hazard a guess of Woodford, with an Epping finish
Right... it really is a mystery.

:roll:
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
A2
Zone 4

Post by A2 »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
A2 wrote:I'll hazard a guess of Woodford, with an Epping finish :)
If i was going to do that wouldnt an Roding Valley start be better and a few minutes less.seeing as u pass through woodford at the end.
Very true and proof that I'm not thinking straight this evening. (doesn't mean that he wouldn't leave car at Woodford but only start timer at Roding Valley though to allow easy car collection at end with return service from Epping)
- Andrew
jbom1

Post by jbom1 »

I was going to say "I think the first train from T4 (5:02) gives only a 1 minute connection at T123 (a. 5:09, d. 5.10) for T5. The risk of missing this (or just the ridiculously early time), may put him on a later train, assuming he starts at T4", but I've now noticed that Andi has confirmed his intentions elsewhere ...
For my start at Heathrow t4 Monday for example im actually starting at Hatton cross and going round the loop to Heathrow t123 then down to Heathrow t5 then back towards London but becuase i pass through Hatton Cross again the watch will start at the time the train leaves t4.
palkanetoijala31

Right enough speculation my start is Heathrow t4 the day today the finish hoepfully within 17h 02m getting coach now so bye.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Soup Dragon wrote:00 DAYS 01 HOURS 36 MINUTES
Since this challenge commenced NOT based on Amersham gambit
Andi has been sighted and the challenge is underway :wink:
One day I shall return!
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Andi has started Heathrow T4 and so far everything is going to plan
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

The lighweight got 40mins down and has aborted..... :roll:

Where is that fighting spirit Andi :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Yeah fair point Root; I was thinking the same! Why has Andy had an abortion so early?
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

40 minutes down would have meant a 17:42 finish time, so I suppose he could have clawed back 20 minutes if his timetable was even a little pessimistic to come in close? But then again he didn't need to complete as he has done so many times before and he had no one with him to keep him going.
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Haha love it!
palkanetoijala31

Yes well what can i say i aborted i think i have proved that is very hard to do solo.There are 2 reasons behind it I had just run 1.3 miles in the wrong direction from Sloane square trying to make up the 10 mins i had lost.It cost me 30 mins just that and would have put me on a 18h 02m finish which i had no way of getting back from Amersham.

But interesting parts of the day is that my new improved start works i just have 2 jiggle with a bit.

Here is a report firstly camera broke so taking all pictures on camera phone couldnt buy a notebook so had to borrow Soupie,s thank u.

Heathrow t4 start 06.22 1 minute earlier than tfl
early connection made quite easily district was faster than the pic at acton town so changed later at hammersmith.Changed at West kensington and ran to Kensington Olympia got that problem out of the way.Fast various changes later and everything was either on plan a 1 min down or close then at Morden i chose to double back it said Platform 4 was leaving but no platform 3 did i was :evil:.So i ran out and had to get bus 93 with the slowest bus driver in world i even beat him from the Wimbledon theatre because i was fed up waiting for him to move.10 mins down and i had to think do i wait for the oppurtunity to claw back all 10 on a unplanned change or wait until l8r.

Now i have never done Sloane Square to Knightsbridge all i know its a straight road so i got out of the station and looked at the bus stop buses heading towards Knightsbridge thought gr8 must be on right road but no they turn right just after it so i ran and ran for what seemed ages 10 mins must have covered 1.3 miles thought something wrong here i should have seen the station realised i was wrong and wasted over 30 mins figuring out where i was.At this point i thought bugger it i cant make up 40 mins the Watford branch was out at this point in day if they didnt clear it it would have been a heartbreaker l8r in day so i decided to do zone 1 research instead.
Last edited by palkanetoijala31 on 12 Jan 2009, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
palkanetoijala31

scrxisi wrote::(

Unlucky. Oh well - when's Attempt 12? :)
When i can find someone to go with me i aint going solo again it messes ur mind up.