TUBE 11 THE DIFFERENT START

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
jbom1

Re: Flying Finn 11th Attempt live updates

Post by jbom1 »

What time did you start this morning, Andi?
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

jbom1 wrote:What time did you start this morning, Andi?
Read 3 up mr jbom1 hence why i aborted only an hour window to last train.
palkanetoijala31

joy54 wrote:40 minutes down would have meant a 17:42 finish time, so I suppose he could have clawed back 20 minutes if his timetable was even a little pessimistic to come in close? But then again he didn't need to complete as he has done so many times before and he had no one with him to keep him going.
40 mins down would have meant an 18h 02m 1 hr down unless u can change the Amersham branch times from 30 mins
jbom1

Post by jbom1 »

OK, sorry - 6:22 sounds seriously late to start, and then you'd have finished on the 23:25 at Amersham?
palkanetoijala31

Correct hence why i always had a cut off point at Harrow on the Hill (for bus to heathrow) for example if record wasnt on or i couldnt do it in 17h 32m.It seems they havent cleared that Watford Branch problem all day that would have been a real heartbreaker at end of day

And to prove my point it still bad up there so an abort was on the cards anyway.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:Yes well what can i say i aborted i think i have proved that is very hard to do solo.
palkanetoijala31 wrote:i aint going solo again it messes ur mind up.
I already established this a few years ago - my sixth attempt was solo, and it's no fun doing it solo. Never again, here:

http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tube/tube6.html

I carried on, but it's pretty miserable doing it by yourself. I was logging all the times, taking photos, and trying to do it all at the same time is quite demanding. And there's no one to talk to, no one to help your morale or just banter with, and I was now starting to feel tired and bored. I think I decided then that if I knew I was going to be on the same train as Jack again or worse, then I wouldn't bother going to Amersham.
palkanetoijala31

Re: TUBE 11 THE DIFFERENT START

And to think i did do solo again on my 22nd attempt and actually enjoyed it.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Re: TUBE 11 THE DIFFERENT START

Post by Sam »

I actually had good fun on my solo attempt, probably helped by the fact that nothing went wrong but I suppose I had the added advantage of being able to squeeze through my "sam size" gaps without worrying about losing Matt :mrgreen:
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver