TUBE 6 THE WORLD RECORD AT LAST

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
palkanetoijala31

TUBE 6 THE WORLD RECORD AT LAST

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

I be doing my 6th and 7th attempt catching up with the Soup Dragon team quite quickly now July 8th or 9th.? If anybody wishes to join a 2 or 3 man team or offer support at any time please pm me before then.My 7th attempt will be shortly after this with Sarah again :shock: this might be a good oppurtunity for a rookie to learn the network as the run times should be more to peoples liking on that attempt and i can offer my expierence which is now quite extensive. :wink:
Last edited by palkanetoijala31 on 31 Oct 2009, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
palkanetoijala31

Re: The Flying Finn 6th attempt live updates

The 6th attempt will be definately 8th July and hopefully i might even have some radio offers as well to cover the day.just thinking about it i be doing my 8th attempt on Tube olympics day so i have caught up with Soup Dragon team on that day.
palkanetoijala31

Hopefully yes but 24th might not be on now i hope i can get time off work.?
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:just thinking about it i be doing my 8th attempt on Tube olympics day so i have caught up with Soup Dragon team on that day.
Yes but that will be my 9th attempt on that day, so you will still be one behind. :)
One day I shall return!
palkanetoijala31

not if i can arrange maybe more time off mr soup dragon maybe a 9 th attempt could be possible i have to see. :wink:
palkanetoijala31

6th attempt July 8th a definate at moment a 2 man (possibly 3 Dudey) 1 woman team with a support person need a start stopwatch person though.?

7th attempt July 14th a monday not confirmed a solo attempt by myself on birthday,?

8th attempt July 21st a monday not confirmed due to sarah not knowing if available.?

9th attempt july 24th tube olympics day not confirmed as too many people off work.?
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:6th attempt July 8th a definate at moment a 2 man (possibly 3 Dudey) 1 woman team with a support person need a start stopwatch person though.?

7th attempt July 14th a monday not confirmed a solo attempt by myself on birthday,?

8th attempt July 21st a monday not confirmed due to sarah not knowing if available.?

9th attempt july 24th tube olympics day not confirmed as too many people off work.?
Now I know that you are truely mad, 4 attempts in 16 days in the height of summer!
One day I shall return!
palkanetoijala31

yes but i am truly mad but in order to do 52 attempts i have to be absolutely crazy and ask joy54 who was fastest in group and enjoying every run last time.I guess i drink to much beer to come up with these crazy ideas i attend r15 on tube olympics if nothing else.?
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Andy you're crackers! Anyway, I'll be around in July with regard to supporting if you need me.
palkanetoijala31

Mr Soup Dragon i could have done an attempt this monday or tuesday as i realised i had booked the day off somehow.But i think i work them and save the 2 days for a blitz of a few attempts in September when everybody with kids doesnt usually like going on holiday.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

So you are aiming to be the next Bob Robison? Remember Bob took 21 years to make all of his attempts. His current stats would take some beating 51-46-8.
One day I shall return!
palkanetoijala31

well my current stats read 5,2,0 on average 6 or 7 attempts per year will be made so i have to do it for another 9 years roughly to be the most.You dont fancy starting us off on July 8th do you by any chance or anybody else :cry:
palkanetoijala31

Currently we have no Starter for stopwatch so please anybody help us :cry: actually we have a volunter thank u starkey and kevin :D but the good news is that like Soup Dragon team we have radio interest possible.Southern Counties Radio might be interested in our updates throughout the day plus bbc south today have also expressed an interest now.The latest update is now a 2man 1 woman team is confirmed looks like i have to do the witness statements then bugger.
palkanetoijala31

Well the day is almost here Tuesday July 8th Tomorrow night the Crown has been booked so we will be well rested for the start.Starkey will be helping us in the morning and the evening we have several people helping us out when the energy levels are low and flagging.A note to the novices here if Sara can complete her 2nd challenge then its really no excuse for anybody to say it is impossible to do for the non experienced.

Allthough im actually predicting we will not break the record (Browns :D but be warned my slowest route with Sara running in mind still has us on the same last train) a completion is good enough for me just to show my credentials of dragging people round and motivating my team.

Dudey and other people will update the forum throughout day for us and i will provide a written report when finished on my website.

ps Does anybody know any good pubs on Metropolitan line north of North harrow but not croxley or watford close to any station :?: :)

anybody listening to radio solent will get sporadic updates throughout the day.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

OK update at 08:30hrs

Andi's phone is knackered so I got an update from Starkey.... problems at Watford and they were around 10 minutes down at Ickenham......
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold