Counting

Games that go on and on and on and on and on and on and and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on (and on)
DrainBrain
Zone 6

Re: Counting

Post by DrainBrain »

Another engraving by another Pieter...

This engraving by Pieter van der Banck is of Queen Elizabeth I, Daughter Of Henry VIII By Anne Boleyn, who acceded to the throne of England and Ireland on 17 November 1558.
Royal Oak to Bethnal Green in 333 days
Heathrow Terminal 4 to Amersham in 17 hours, 42 minutes and 22 seconds
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Did someone mention "Bank"? (Well it sounded like that anyway.)

The Atlanta National Bank Of Atlanta in Georgia, USA opened in 1865 and stopped printing money in 1935. It was assigned charter number 1559.
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

I think someone mentioned "National", and others have also been mentioning paintings.

What better way to bring them together than the National Gallery? Here you'll find works by, (amongst many others), Joachim Beuckelaer. He became an independent master in 1560.
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

But there are other lesser-known galleries, including photo galleries. In Gallery 1561 from Tudhoe Colliery Primary School in County Durham, the children of Class 2 investigate shape.

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

Oooh, did you mention the word 'colliery'? I think you did!

Mining has been around for millenia. Whilst it is essential we extract the minerals we need, we need to be aware that sometimes, the changes we make to the landscape/geology can have consequences for future generations.

It is for this reason that, in the US state of Virginia, the HB 1562 Residential Property Disclosure Act exists. It necessitates disclosure of previous mining in an area, or the presence of abandoned mines.
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Well that's really interesting. Because Chapter 1563 of the Ohio Revised Code is all about mine construction, maintenance and abandonment.

DrainBrain
Zone 6

Post by DrainBrain »

Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine.

Sounds like the seagulls from Finding Nemo.

Cold Stone Creamery #1564 offers four Finding Nemo cakes.

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

I'm pretty sure that none of those four cakes contains nuts. You will find nuts in the word "Knutsford", though. This Cheshire town can be found near Junction 19 of the M6 (with Knutsford services just south of the junction). Oh, and the STD code ends 1565.
DrainBrain
Zone 6

Post by DrainBrain »

Did you leave your rubber goose and Portaloo on the M6?

This news article, published in July 2009, states that there were 1566 reports of debris falling onto the motorway across the north west in the previous year.
Last edited by DrainBrain on 19 Jan 2016, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

What a revelation. "Outside Cumbria, the list of items lost on the nation’s motorways gets even more bizarre. It includes: a garden shed, washing machines, lawn mowers..."

Maybe one of the items was this Electrolux washing machine - product code EWT1567VDW?

DrainBrain
Zone 6

Post by DrainBrain »

The Lake District in Cumbria has some of the most beautiful scenery in England and is a lovely place to walk.

This walk of a circular route from Staveley, taking in Longsleddale and Brunt Knott, includes a total ascent of 1568 feet.
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Ascent Media in Lino Lakes, Minnesota can be contacted on (651)482-1569.

Urzzz1871
Zone 5

Post by Urzzz1871 »

Talking of lakes, Wular Lake is one of the largest fresh water lakes of Asia. The lake is situated at a distance of about 50 kms from Srinagar at an average altitude of 1570m amsl.
2 attempts
2 completions
(Not getting much quicker)
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

Lots of lakes, then. But what colour is a lake? If you want to know, have a look at this Bottega Veneta Wallet 1571.
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Interesting that you should mention colour there. As I'm sure you're aware, I'm a keen student of 1950s Ministry of Works colour schemes for interior decoration of office accommodation, and it just so happens that the colours were taken from British Standard 1572: 1949, such as "cement grey", "French beige" and "broken white". No wonder that civil servants were so miserable in those days...