Unable to post

The game you either hate or really hate!
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Unable to post

Post by tractakid »

I seem to be unable to post in the game thread. I think this may be because of the 'misuse of spoilers' rule. I acknowledge the rule on misuse of spoilers, but I do not believe I have broken this rule. If this is why I am unable to post, I was at least expecting a warning or at least a mention of me breaking the rule. I was enjoying what may be considered pushing the boundaries, but I was expecting to be told if I was taking it too far.

thanks.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
moley
Site Administrator

Re: Unable to post

Post by moley »

Oops sorry, my nessage to you explaining the above appears to be still be sat in draft - sorry.

Yes it was the misuse of spoilers rule. You were not actively taking part in the game, you were only posting spoilers. That isn't the idea behind the game.

I'll left the restriction shortly.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

It should now work.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

I would like to point out that I was posting a few valid claims interspersed with the spoilers.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

OK, time for my two pence worth on this subject.

I should point out that the "misuse of spoilers" rule was put in to deter people from posting a large amount of spoilers in quick succession, or having long, rambling conversations, thus not allowing any period of time to build up for people to make claims.

Having looked back over the last ten or so pages, tractakid's "spoilers" do not seem excessive to me. Further, the fact that I have allowed spoilers in the game means that people are at liberty to post one whenever they like. I remember in the early days of the game we'd have longer conversations than tractakid's recent ones.

I'm more than happy for people to spoil the game for everyone else. I suspect that now we have people claiming upwards of eight or nine bells at a time, some people are getting a little more annoyed at spoilers. Good, I say! What could be more in keeping with the spirit of the game than posting a spoiler at the point where someone could claim 12 bells? Are people becoming a little too competitive now the scores are higher?

I think what I'm trying to say is, let the spoilers continue, but don't interpret that to mean that you can use the thread to discuss quantum physics.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

It's not as if there are any scores anyway.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

It's a bloody pointless game, in more ways than one. :roll:
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

2 bells