Tumbleweed Scores

The game you either hate or really hate!
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Re: Tumbleweed Scores

Post by GuyBarry »

Well, it reduces my lead to a mere 7575 points. I think I can just about cope :)
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

GuyBarry wrote:Well, it reduces my lead to a mere 7575 points. I think I can just about cope :)
Can you?

I go into the Tumbleweed section of the forum to see that less than a minute ago:
Moley wrote:4 Bells
It least I didn't post at the same time and lose the points!
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Scores as at 23:59 26/09/2015 - weekly figures in brackets, overall in bold.

GuyBarry (1500) 38625
DavidC (1200) 31275
moley (3225) 9450
leamfarrar (-300) 7350
Going Und. (0) 6380
The muleteer (2000) 2000
Garion (1425) 1515
h. traveller (0) 375
tractakid (0) 18
A Challenge (1820) -55
tubeguru (0) -44400

Some interesting changes this week, with moley leaping into third place, and a strong entrance from The muleteer, who finishes the week in sixth. Good progress from Garion, and a strong recovery from A Challenge, who has almost completely wiped out the negative score from last week.

Once again I've increased my lead slightly, to 7350 points. I'd hoped to get it up to 7500 (100 bells) but a combination of my own carelessness and clever tactical play from DavidC stopped that. When I get my lead at the end of the week up to 7500 I intend to retire, both as player and scorekeeper.

Tubeguru - do you want to take the scores over again after that, or appoint a new scorekeeper?

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

GuyBarry wrote:Scores as at 23:59 26/09/2015 - weekly figures in brackets, overall in bold.

A Challenge (1820) -55

Some interesting changes this week, with moley leaping into third place, and a strong entrance from The muleteer, who finishes the week in sixth. Good progress from Garion, and a strong recovery from A Challenge, who has almost completely wiped out the negative score from last week.
I was hoping to get back to positive or at least zero this week.

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

I'm sure you will - almost certainly with your next claim!

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

A Challenge wrote:
GuyBarry wrote:Scores as at 23:59 26/09/2015 - weekly figures in brackets, overall in bold.

A Challenge (1820) -55

I was hoping to get back to positive or at least zero this week.
GuyBarry wrote:I'm sure you will - almost certainly with your next claim!
I meant last week if you didn't realise!

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Well that's not what you said! :)

If you want to get to zero, you can claim right now and get the points.

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

GuyBarry wrote:If you want to get to zero, you can claim right now and get the points.
Am now above zero at 170 points I think

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

GuyBarry wrote:Once again I've increased my lead slightly, to 7350 points. I'd hoped to get it up to 7500 (100 bells) but a combination of my own carelessness and clever tactical play from DavidC stopped that. When I get my lead at the end of the week up to 7500 I intend to retire, both as player and scorekeeper.

Tubeguru - do you want to take the scores over again after that, or appoint a new scorekeeper?
I will do it from this next week if you want but not for too long please. Can I know whether I will be doing it for this week ASAP (Preferably before 19:00 this evening please)

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Thanks. I'll be doing the scores this week but I've told Tubeguru I don't intend to continue after that. I'm sure he'll be delighted if you volunteer to take them over - maybe you could drop him a PM as I'm not sure if he's reading this thread.

tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Whoever wants to do the scores can do so. Just arrange it so that you both know where the dividing line is.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

OK, well I intend to keep score until 23:59 tonight and then post the figures tomorrow morning. The new score sheet should start from 00:00 on 04/10/2015.

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

I will be happy to do a few weeks from tomorrow but I don't want to do it for too long (not over a month if possible). I shall work from tomorrow mornings scores at midnight and put in from then. I will keep weekly score updates for all the players as well.

moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Please can we just keep the current scores going. There is no need to 'start again'.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Well we're not starting again from zero. I assume that A Challenge is going to start from where I leave off.