LATEST ACCOUNT CLEAR-UP

Check here for important announcements
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Re: LATEST ACCOUNT CLEAR-UP

Post by GuyBarry »

Well there's a surprise...
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Neil, do you mean that you don't dedicate your entire life to this forum/website and that other activities might occupy a greater chunk of your time, thereby resulting in Web pages that only a tiny handful of people actually look at not being fully and regularly updated?

You should be sent to the Tower! ;)
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Steeevooo wrote:Neil, do you mean that you don't dedicate your entire life to this forum/website and that other activities might occupy a greater chunk of your time, thereby resulting in Web pages that only a tiny handful of people actually look at not being fully and regularly updated?

You should be sent to the Tower! ;)
Come on, that line saying "new website content coming soon" has been there for the best part of a year now. It wouldn't take a moment to remove it. It doesn't give a great impression of the site to newcomers.

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Deleting it and just redirecting the domain name directly to the forum homepage would seem the most sensible option.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

tubeguru wrote:
GuyBarry wrote:
tubeguru wrote: Your suggestion is noted.
Thank you. Do you have any intention of doing so?
No.
Told you so!

And yes, just delete it. Does anyone ACTUALLY go on it?
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

tubeguru wrote: I couldn't change it if I wanted to. I transferred ownership of the tubechallenge.com domain to moley earlier this year, and unless he grants me access to the files I can't change anything.
Oh, I hadn't appreciated that. Sorry - perhaps I'll contact moley about it.
Also, not many newcomers have come to the forum to complain about the non-existent "new content". You're the only one with your knickers in a twist over it.
I don't know what you mean by that. The last time I mentioned it was in June, I think, and moley said that something was on its way. I don't think that it's unreasonable to drop another reminder six months later.

EDIT: Here's the thread. Moley's response on 13th June was "Not too much longer... I hope".

Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

Novel solution - DON'T GO ON IT! That way you don't have to see the message again :D
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

tubeguru wrote:
GuyBarry wrote:
tubeguru wrote: I couldn't change it if I wanted to. I transferred ownership of the tubechallenge.com domain to moley earlier this year, and unless he grants me access to the files I can't change anything.
Oh, I hadn't appreciated that. Sorry - perhaps I'll contact moley about it.
Could you not just leave it?
There's no harm in asking. In the time it's taken us to have this discussion, the text could have been deleted.

moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

So,

my daughter was born 10+ weeks premature, she lives day to day in an intensive care incumbator, my wife is recovering from a major operation, I'm spending my days up the hospital and I get a whinging private message complaining about an out of date webpage

There are more important things in life, like life itself for me to worry about.

If you don't like my response LEAVE and NEVER RETURN.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

moley wrote:So,

my daughter was born 10+ weeks premature, she lives day to day in an intensive care incumbator, my wife is recovering from a major operation, I'm spending my days up the hospital and I get a whinging private message complaining about an out of date webpage

There are more important things in life, like life itself for me to worry about.

And Bad Cop touches down!
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Tube Geek wrote:
tubeguru wrote:
GuyBarry wrote:
tubeguru wrote: Your suggestion is noted.
Thank you. Do you have any intention of doing so?
No.
Told you so!

And yes, just delete it. Does anyone ACTUALLY go on it?
I only do, to not type '/forum' on the end, and click the link for 'forum', so if it was redirected then it would save me doing either. Yes please, it is a good idea for us to sort it out! To make this clear, I am happy to contribute some help if I can be useful.

Good point, and I am thinking that that is much more important to worry about than a website homepage, however it would be good if someone could do something, even if this is moley giving tubeguru access and him doing it, as I assumed that tubeguru had the server as it was him that started the thread.
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Well I'm very sorry to hear all that, and I had absolutely no idea. I'm very sorry for any upset I may have caused you. I wish you'd replied to me privately though, as I'm finding this rather embarrassing now.
There's no need to adopt that tone. I had no way of knowing you had difficulties in your personal life. I wish your wife and daughter all the very best of health.

I'll take a break from the forum for a little while, I think.

moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

For the public record, I've asked Guy to return to the forum.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

moley wrote:For the public record, I've asked Guy to return to the forum.
Thank you and I appreciate your thoughtful comments at this very difficult time. Normal service will be resumed shortly!