BRITISH SUMMER TIME

Check here for important announcements
tubeguru
Site Administrator

BRITISH SUMMER TIME

Post by tubeguru »

OK people, it's time to alter your forum settings so that all the times on posts show in BST.

To do this you need to click on your username (with the the drop down arrow next to it) in the top right of the forum main page, and choose User Control Panel. Click on the Board Preferences tab, and in the drop down box underneath the "board style" box choose the option "UTC+01.00 27 Mar 2016, [time]".

When you do this the box below it will change to show "Africa/Algiers", but that's fine because that's what it should do. You can now click Submit, and when you go back to the front page of the forum the time should be displaying correctly in the top-left of the screen.

You may notice a button next to the drop down box that says, "Suggestion: UTC+01.00" when you first open the Board Preferences tab. If you click that it will change the time zone for you more quickly. You still have to click Submit though.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Re: BRITISH SUMMER TIME

Post by A Challenge »

tubeguru wrote:OK people, it's time to alter your forum settings so that all the times on posts show in BST.

To do this you need to click on your username (with the the drop down arrow next to it) in the top right of the forum main page, and choose User Control Panel. Click on the Board Preferences tab, and in the drop down box underneath the "board style" box choose the option "UTC+01.00 27 Mar 2016, [time]".

When you do this the box below it will change to show "Africa/Algiers", but that's fine because that's what it should do. You can now click Submit, and when you go back to the front page of the forum the time should be displaying correctly in the top-left of the screen.

You may notice a button next to the drop down box that says, "Suggestion: UTC+01.00" when you first open the Board Preferences tab. If you click that it will change the time zone for you more quickly. You still have to click Submit though.
This means there may be a mistake in the recently-posted Tumbleweed Scores!
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

A Challenge wrote: This means there may be a mistake in the recently-posted Tumbleweed Scores!

Shouldn't be, as everyone changed it, as did the post beforehand.
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Don't forget, people - if your forum time is still showing GMT (an hour slow) then you have to manually change your user settings so it shows BST.

You can do this by clicking on your username in the top-right corner of the screen, choosing User Control Panel -> Board Preferences, and then using the drop-down box to choose UTC +01:00.

I'll make another announcement in October, reminding you all to set it back to GMT.

Member of sweet FA
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

It is now GMT, and for me it appears to have done the change automatically.
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

A Challenge wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 21:44 It is now GMT, and for me it appears to have done the change automatically.
Yes, I have no idea why that is.

Member of sweet FA