Forum changes

Check here for important announcements
moley
Site Administrator

Forum changes

Post by moley »

Hello.

There have been a few changes which you may or may not have noticed. For those of a techy disposition....

Firstly, the website domain and forum now both work together on www.tubechallenge.com. The forum used to sit on tubeforum.co.uk however this was only a temporary (7 year?) step. In 2 years time when the tubeforum.co.uk registration runs out I am likely to kill it.

Secondly, the software has had yet another update - nothing major this time - just some security bug fixed. Also the version of php which we were using has changed. Downtime was this morning - sorry for those it affected.

Finally, I have installed subsilver2 as a style again. This used to be one of two default styles and was used by a number of you. Its now an unofficial style however its built on old technology therefore there will come a point where I will remove it if the owners do not re-write it to the new tech.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Forum changes

Post by Going Underground »

I can log in on internet explorer but not with my usual chrome browser :?
Last edited by Going Underground on 21 Feb 2016, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

[superseded]
Last edited by DavidC on 21 Feb 2016, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
First to 100000 in the 2015+ Tumbleweed contest. Winner of a few rounds of a diverse range of quizzes/games. Some decent times in alternative challenges as a fiftysomething who merely walks briskly. Briefly led All The Actons.
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

[superseded]
First to 100000 in the 2015+ Tumbleweed contest. Winner of a few rounds of a diverse range of quizzes/games. Some decent times in alternative challenges as a fiftysomething who merely walks briskly. Briefly led All The Actons.
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

[superseded]
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

If you cannot log on today, make sure you are using tubechallenge.com rather than tubeforum.co.uk ... and remember to change your bookmark/favourite too.
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

They should both work.

You will find that the forum has forgotten your password as the cookie name has also changed.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I can't log in on tubeforum, for reference. Works on tubechallenge.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

tubeguru wrote:I can't log in on tubeforum, for reference. Works on tubechallenge.
Same here. That's why I edited my initial geeky exploratory posts to merely define a clean, simple solution for those facing problems. Maybe a DNS refresh will sort out continuing use of tubeforum.co.uk in due course, but it didn't work for me earlier and it still doesn't work for me now and it's going to die eventually anyway.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Ditto Neil
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

I know the issue.

Likely be tomorrow before I can sort
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Right, done.

Sorry - there was an error in the re-write file which meant that tubeforum.co.uk were not being automatically rewritten as tubechallenge.com.

All your links should now work - they will just keep being redirected to the tubechallenge.com version.

Now fixed.
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

All I have tried to do on the forum (at, as far as I am aware) since I posted to the Tumbleweed Game Thread. I also couldn't get the 'Contact an Administrator' to work and hadn't read any other sections of the forum in the meantime. If I had come across the new website then everything should be OK. This means the Tumbleweed scores are late, sorry!

But, on a different note, when using my real Email (that is the account Email) and then a very similar fake one (I could PM it to you moley) on the 'Contact an Administrator' it wouldn't work (it just said FORM_INVALID every time) and so I was unable to work out what was wrong, as I hadn't seen this thread. IU also, I don't know if this would make a difference, used 'A Challenge' as my name so you could connect it to my account.
moley wrote:All your links should now work - they will just keep being redirected to the tubechallenge.com version.

Now fixed.
This is, presumably why I am now able to log in, as I am on the correct website.
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

A Challenge wrote:But, on a different note, when using my real Email (that is the account Email) and then a very similar fake one (I could PM it to you moley) on the 'Contact an Administrator' it wouldn't work (it just said FORM_INVALID every time) and so I was unable to work out what was wrong, as I hadn't seen this thread. IU also, I don't know if this would make a difference, used 'A Challenge' as my name so you could connect it to my account.
Sorry - not sure I follow this bit.
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

moley wrote:
A Challenge wrote:But, on a different note, when using my real Email (that is the account Email) and then a very similar fake one (I could PM it to you moley) on the 'Contact an Administrator' it wouldn't work (it just said FORM_INVALID every time) and so I was unable to work out what was wrong, as I hadn't seen this thread. IU also, I don't know if this would make a difference, used 'A Challenge' as my name so you could connect it to my account.
Sorry - not sure I follow this bit.
How can I get a screenshot of it onto the forum or to you, as I can't upload it to the forum can I?
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000