Forum centred on screen

Check here for important announcements
Post Reply
User avatar
tubeguru
Site Administrator
Posts: 8848
Joined: 30 Jan 2005, 22:08
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Forum centred on screen

Post by tubeguru » 17 Sep 2017, 16:58

Chris, is there any reason why the forum has suddenly stopped being full screen width, or is it just my browser suddenly?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2017
Member of sweet FA

User avatar
greatkingrat
All Zones
Posts: 2393
Joined: 11 Feb 2005, 00:35

Re: Forum centred on screen

Post by greatkingrat » 17 Sep 2017, 17:25

I noticed the forum was down for a bit last night, so I suspect some sort of software upgrade has taken place?
Soon to be yet another forum train driver

User avatar
tubeguru
Site Administrator
Posts: 8848
Joined: 30 Jan 2005, 22:08
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: Forum centred on screen

Post by tubeguru » 17 Sep 2017, 17:29

greatkingrat wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 17:25
I noticed the forum was down for a bit last night, so I suspect some sort of software upgrade has taken place?
I'm going to say it now - I don't like it.

Can we have it back full-width please?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2017
Member of sweet FA

User avatar
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 7832
Joined: 11 Apr 2006, 11:24
Location: Down in a tube station at midnight.
Contact:

Re: Forum centred on screen

Post by Going Underground » 17 Sep 2017, 18:17

all fine with me, no issues :?
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold

User avatar
tractakid
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3159
Joined: 15 Nov 2011, 20:04
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Forum centred on screen

Post by tractakid » 17 Sep 2017, 21:40

tubeguru wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 17:29
greatkingrat wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 17:25
I noticed the forum was down for a bit last night, so I suspect some sort of software upgrade has taken place?
I'm going to say it now - I don't like it.

Can we have it back full-width please?
I just zoomed in to 110% in the browser.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*

User avatar
tubeguru
Site Administrator
Posts: 8848
Joined: 30 Jan 2005, 22:08
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: Forum centred on screen

Post by tubeguru » 18 Sep 2017, 05:21

tractakid wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 21:40
tubeguru wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 17:29
greatkingrat wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 17:25
I noticed the forum was down for a bit last night, so I suspect some sort of software upgrade has taken place?
I'm going to say it now - I don't like it.

Can we have it back full-width please?
I just zoomed in to 110% in the browser.
That's a very lazy solution!
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2017
Member of sweet FA

User avatar
al
Zone 5
Posts: 556
Joined: 20 May 2007, 08:34
Location: Staffs

Re: Forum centred on screen

Post by al » 18 Sep 2017, 08:22

tubeguru wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 05:21
tractakid wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 21:40
tubeguru wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 17:29
greatkingrat wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 17:25
I noticed the forum was down for a bit last night, so I suspect some sort of software upgrade has taken place?
I'm going to say it now - I don't like it.

Can we have it back full-width please?
I just zoomed in to 110% in the browser.
That's a very lazy solution!
And asking someone else to fix it isn't? :wink: :wink: :lol:
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.

User avatar
tubeguru
Site Administrator
Posts: 8848
Joined: 30 Jan 2005, 22:08
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: Forum centred on screen

Post by tubeguru » 18 Sep 2017, 16:37

al wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 08:22
tubeguru wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 05:21
tractakid wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 21:40
tubeguru wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 17:29
greatkingrat wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 17:25
I noticed the forum was down for a bit last night, so I suspect some sort of software upgrade has taken place?
I'm going to say it now - I don't like it.

Can we have it back full-width please?
I just zoomed in to 110% in the browser.
That's a very lazy solution!
And asking someone else to fix it isn't? :wink: :wink: :lol:
I have no means of fixing it myself, so I'm asking the person who can to look into it.

So no, it isn't.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2017
Member of sweet FA

User avatar
hopeful traveller
All Zones
Posts: 1262
Joined: 15 Jul 2011, 15:28
Location: West Harrow, Grid square B2, Zone 5, Metropolitan Line

Re: Forum centred on screen

Post by hopeful traveller » 18 Sep 2017, 18:39

Hasn't this happened before? (Or was that the Countdown forums...?)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03);
9 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson);
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant);
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton).
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition

User avatar
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3579
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 19:06
Location: BS20 or BS3
Contact:

Re: Forum centred on screen

Post by Tube Geek » 18 Sep 2017, 19:16

greatkingrat wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 17:25
I noticed the forum was down for a bit last night, so I suspect some sort of software upgrade has taken place?
Definitely an upgrade, there re new fire symbols on some topics
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes. I hate the Piccadilly line.... :evil:
Bristol City Fan. Unfortunately.

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3838
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 07:57
Location: London Waterloo

Re: Forum centred on screen

Post by A Challenge » 07 Oct 2017, 10:09

Tube Geek wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 19:16
greatkingrat wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 17:25
I noticed the forum was down for a bit last night, so I suspect some sort of software upgrade has taken place?
Definitely an upgrade, there re new fire symbols on some topics
The bits of the server that are melting due to the heat sink breaking, which has also affected the auto-resizing?
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Current leader of Tumbleweed

Post Reply