Where am I? - On the Move #2

Can you tell where it is yet?
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Re: Where am I? - On the Move #2

Post by GuyBarry »

The Orange One wrote:So you're not finding ANY possible routes? That's odd... I'll check my answers. To clarify I'm moving after every even numbered question (so my first move was after answering Question 2).
Oh I'm sure you're right, I expect I've just missed something.
Hints: I started on the classic Circle Line, I haven't passed through any station twice and I haven't entered the same zone twice (so, for example, as I started in Zone 1 I have clearly either remained in Zone 1 or once I left it have not re-entered it).
Thanks. I think I'll go through the whole thing again from scratch and see what I can come up with.
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

A Challenge wrote:I am not looking for routes as I am too busy with Tumbleweed Scoring when I have time to do forum-related things!

And, for Clarification, did the Upminster Line count as north of south of the Central line in Q1? Also, I am assuming that the Central Line North Of Stratford and Ealing Broadway is counted as north of it and therefore could be 'Yes' for Q1 while TCR (as it is 'on' the Central (there are platform,even if they aren't in use). Are these correct?
It doesn't matter, he's just told us he was on the Circle Line for Q1. He's also told us that he's not including TCR on the Central (additionally, the answer to Q14 says that he travelled through it at one stage).

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

Are you currently outside zones 1 and 2 ?
First to 100000 in the 2015+ Tumbleweed contest. Winner of a few rounds of a diverse range of quizzes/games. Some decent times in alternative challenges as a fiftysomething who merely walks briskly. Briefly led All The Actons.
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

Are you south of the River Thames ?
First to 100000 in the 2015+ Tumbleweed contest. Winner of a few rounds of a diverse range of quizzes/games. Some decent times in alternative challenges as a fiftysomething who merely walks briskly. Briefly led All The Actons.
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

DavidC wrote:Are you currently outside zones 1 and 2 ?
Yes. (29 - not moving)
DavidC wrote:Are you south of the River Thames ?
No. (30 - moving)
GuyBarry wrote:
A Challenge wrote:I am not looking for routes as I am too busy with Tumbleweed Scoring when I have time to do forum-related things!

And, for Clarification, did the Upminster Line count as north of south of the Central line in Q1? Also, I am assuming that the Central Line North Of Stratford and Ealing Broadway is counted as north of it and therefore could be 'Yes' for Q1 while TCR (as it is 'on' the Central (there are platform,even if they aren't in use). Are these correct?
It doesn't matter, he's just told us he was on the Circle Line for Q1. He's also told us that he's not including TCR on the Central (additionally, the answer to Q14 says that he travelled through it at one stage).
The Upminster branch of the District Line is entirely south of the Central Line, except at Ealing Broadway and Mile End where it is on the Central Line. My answer to the question implies that I am north of the Central Line exclusive.
The Orange One wrote:So you're not finding ANY possible routes? That's odd... I'll check my answers. To clarify I'm moving after every even numbered question (so my first move was after answering Question 2).
All my answers have been correct so far, just checked.
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Have you ever been in Zone 4?

And, can I do another Where am I? - On the move after this or should we just stop after this?
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Are you within three stops of a terminus?

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

A Challenge wrote: And, can I do another Where am I? - On the move after this or should we just stop after this?
I'd rather see who guesses this one first.

DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

Are you beyond Finsbury Park on either the Piccadilly or Victoria line ?
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Hang on - he's had three questions now without answering! This is getting confusing. He'll have to answer like this:

Have you ever been in Zone 4? (31 - not moving)
Are you within three stops of a terminus? (32 - moving)
Are you beyond Finsbury Park on either the Piccadilly or Victoria line? (33 - not moving)

In other words, DavidC's latest question relates to where he's going to be after he moves next (and the question may affect his move).

The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

GuyBarry wrote:Hang on - he's had three questions now without answering! This is getting confusing. He'll have to answer like this:

Have you ever been in Zone 4? (31 - not moving)
Yes, I have.
GuyBarry wrote:Are you within three stops of a terminus? (32 - moving)
No, not a conventional end of this line terminus. I'm within three stops of a place where trains frequently terminate, even though it's not the end of the line though.
GuyBarry wrote:Are you beyond Finsbury Park on either the Piccadilly or Victoria line? (33 - not moving)
No. By this I take it to mean on the stretches Manor House - Cockfosters or Seven Sisters - Walthamstow Central.
GuyBarry wrote:In other words, DavidC's latest question relates to where he's going to be after he moves next (and the question may affect his move).
It so happens that I planned my entire route well before l started answering questions.
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Are you at Rayners Lane?

(I think I have the entire route.)

The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

No, I'm afraid not. (34 - moving)
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

Have you passed through Wembley Park on your journey ?
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

Yes. (35 - not moving)