Which train service am I on? (SUCCESS) (20)

Can you tell where it is yet?
User avatar
RobbieM
All Zones
Posts: 2196
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 21:14
Location: Guildford

Re: Which train service am I on?

Post by RobbieM » 29 Oct 2012, 16:15

Does it pass through (or start, terminate at) either Manchester Piccadilly or Victoria?
After you, madam - I'll wait for the next direct train to Mill Hill East.
(I really ought to change this; no-one understands it out of context.)
Personal record: 270 Stations in 9 minutes and 3 seconds

User avatar
tubeguru
Site Administrator
Posts: 8841
Joined: 30 Jan 2005, 22:08
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: Which train service am I on?

Post by tubeguru » 29 Oct 2012, 16:20

Is this service operated by First Group company?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2018
Member of sweet FA

User avatar
tractakid
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3245
Joined: 15 Nov 2011, 20:04
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Which train service am I on?

Post by tractakid » 29 Oct 2012, 16:22

No.

No.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*

User avatar
moley
Site Administrator
Posts: 1908
Joined: 07 May 2005, 12:38
Location: Portsmouth
Contact:

Re: Which train service am I on?

Post by moley » 29 Oct 2012, 16:31

Does the service operate in the area covered by the Network railcard?
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.

User avatar
tractakid
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3245
Joined: 15 Nov 2011, 20:04
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Which train service am I on?

Post by tractakid » 29 Oct 2012, 16:39

No.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*

User avatar
tubeguru
Site Administrator
Posts: 8841
Joined: 30 Jan 2005, 22:08
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: Which train service am I on?

Post by tubeguru » 29 Oct 2012, 16:50

Is the origin or destination station a terminus station? (That is, all services must stop there, and go no further.)
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2018
Member of sweet FA

User avatar
moley
Site Administrator
Posts: 1908
Joined: 07 May 2005, 12:38
Location: Portsmouth
Contact:

Re: Which train service am I on?

Post by moley » 29 Oct 2012, 16:51

Arriva CrossCountry – no as Intercity franchise
Arriva Trains Wales - no as Non English
c2c – no as Network SouthEast
Chiltern Railways – no as Network SouthEast
East Coast – no as Intercity franchise
East Midlands Trains – no as Intercity franchise
First Capital Connect – no as Network SouthEast/First
First Great Western – no as Intercity franchise/First
First ScotRail – no as Non English
First TransPennine Express - no as First
Greater Anglia – no as Intercity franchise /Network SouthEast
London Overground – no as Network SouthEast
Southeastern – no as Network SouthEast
Southern – no as Network SouthEast
South West Trains – no as Network SouthEast
South West Trains - Island Line Trains – no as Network SouthEast
West Coast – no as Intercity franchise

Which leaves…
Northern Rail
Merseyrail

For reference, if we dont get this in 20 can we keep going and see how many questions it takes - dont just give us the answer....!
This isnt a question post btw....!
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.

User avatar
RobbieM
All Zones
Posts: 2196
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 21:14
Location: Guildford

Re: Which train service am I on?

Post by RobbieM » 29 Oct 2012, 16:56

Does it travel through (or start, or stop at) Newcastle-Upon-Tyne?
After you, madam - I'll wait for the next direct train to Mill Hill East.
(I really ought to change this; no-one understands it out of context.)
Personal record: 270 Stations in 9 minutes and 3 seconds

User avatar
tractakid
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3245
Joined: 15 Nov 2011, 20:04
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Which train service am I on?

Post by tractakid » 29 Oct 2012, 17:03

*pause*
moley wrote:Arriva CrossCountry – no as Intercity franchise
Arriva Trains Wales - no as Non English
c2c – no as Network SouthEast
Chiltern Railways – no as Network SouthEast
East Coast – no as Intercity franchise
East Midlands Trains – no as Intercity franchise
First Capital Connect – no as Network SouthEast/First
First Great Western – no as Intercity franchise/First
First ScotRail – no as Non English
First TransPennine Express - no as First
Greater Anglia – no as Intercity franchise /Network SouthEast
London Overground – no as Network SouthEast
Southeastern – no as Network SouthEast
Southern – no as Network SouthEast
South West Trains – no as Network SouthEast
South West Trains - Island Line Trains – no as Network SouthEast
West Coast – no as Intercity franchise

Which leaves…
Northern Rail
Merseyrail

For reference, if we dont get this in 20 can we keep going and see how many questions it takes - dont just give us the answer....!
This isnt a question post btw....!

http://www.railcard.co.uk/clientfiles/File/map.pdf is the map I used to answer the railcard question.

I may need to look into the 'intercity' question. Is there an official definition or status?
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*

User avatar
tractakid
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3245
Joined: 15 Nov 2011, 20:04
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Which train service am I on?

Post by tractakid » 29 Oct 2012, 17:06

tubeguru wrote:Is the origin or destination station a terminus station? (That is, all services must stop there, and go no further.)
Yes
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*

User avatar
greatkingrat
All Zones
Posts: 2453
Joined: 11 Feb 2005, 00:35

Re: Which train service am I on?

Post by greatkingrat » 29 Oct 2012, 17:12

The intercity question is a bit ambiguous. Some TOCs (eg FGW) operate a mixture of traditional "inter-city" services and local services.

Also moley has missed off at least one TOC that is still a possible answer.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver

User avatar
tractakid
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3245
Joined: 15 Nov 2011, 20:04
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Which train service am I on?

Post by tractakid » 29 Oct 2012, 17:36

RobbieM wrote:Does it travel through (or start, or stop at) Newcastle-Upon-Tyne?
Do you still wish me to answer this question?
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*

User avatar
moley
Site Administrator
Posts: 1908
Joined: 07 May 2005, 12:38
Location: Portsmouth
Contact:

Re: Which train service am I on?

Post by moley » 29 Oct 2012, 17:48

Yeah ok, I missed off...
First Hull Trains
Grand Central Trains
Heathrow Connect
Heathrow Express
London Midland...
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.

User avatar
RobbieM
All Zones
Posts: 2196
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 21:14
Location: Guildford

Re: Which train service am I on?

Post by RobbieM » 29 Oct 2012, 18:28

tractakid wrote:
RobbieM wrote:Does it travel through (or start, or stop at) Newcastle-Upon-Tyne?
Do you still wish me to answer this question?
Probs not 'til we clear up some other ambiguities...
After you, madam - I'll wait for the next direct train to Mill Hill East.
(I really ought to change this; no-one understands it out of context.)
Personal record: 270 Stations in 9 minutes and 3 seconds

User avatar
tractakid
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3245
Joined: 15 Nov 2011, 20:04
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Which train service am I on?

Post by tractakid » 29 Oct 2012, 18:59

I spoke to my Dad regarding the intercity question. He said the answer should have been YES. Apologies.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*

Post Reply