Zone 1 2010 with Tangy

All you need to know and discuss about the 2010 Zone 1 Challenge.
tangy
Site Administrator

Re: Zone 1 2010 with Tangy

Post by tangy »

Its time to reveal the official Z1 2010 logo (after much thinking and playing on words), thus its time to take it off the drawing board...

Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Is there time to put a comma between "1" and "2010"?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

I was thinking that myself, having read it aloud, it does need a comma inserted. It will be amended on the literature I am making for the challenge.

* Amended logo shown above- Tangy
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

Tangy.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Important Notice

Could everyone that is partaking in this event, but have yet to register thier intentions of taking part, please make your intentions clear on or before Friday (28th May). After this date it will be doubtful that your registration will be acknowledged (or the return PM from me telling you where the meet up point is), as I will on my usual late spring holiday in Lyme Regis, Dorset with hardly any computer access.

I will be returning on Thursday night (just before the challenge) just to tidy a few things up and to make sure everything is tip top before the meet up.

Thanks for for advance co-operation

Tangy.
JoeGJ1984
Zone 3

Post by JoeGJ1984 »

tangy wrote: 6. All challengers are requested to be at the specified meeting point by 1200 on the day of the challenge. A starting station will then be drawn at random (from all 64 Z1 stations) excluding those stations that have been start stations in previous years, these being Vauxhall, St. James’s Park, Sloane Square, Kings Cross and Angel. In addition since Blackfriars is closed for rebuilding this will be excluded from the draw.
You missed out Westminster (was used in 2007) from the list of excluded starting stations. (Geofftech had it in his list).
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

JoeGJ1984 wrote:
tangy wrote: 6. All challengers are requested to be at the specified meeting point by 1200 on the day of the challenge. A starting station will then be drawn at random (from all 64 Z1 stations) excluding those stations that have been start stations in previous years, these being Vauxhall, St. James’s Park, Sloane Square, Kings Cross and Angel. In addition since Blackfriars is closed for rebuilding this will be excluded from the draw.
You missed out Westminster (was used in 2007) from the list of excluded starting stations. (Geofftech had it in his list).
Geoff shouldn't have had it in his list as it is a previous starting station.

Member of sweet FA
JoeGJ1984
Zone 3

Post by JoeGJ1984 »

tubeguru wrote:
JoeGJ1984 wrote:
Geoff shouldn't have had it in his list as it is a previous starting station.
I meant Geoff had it in his list to be excluded (which is correct), but Tangy has missed it off his list of stations to be excluded.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

OK folks, unfortunately I am not going to be able to attend Zone 1 day in any capacity at all now due to something having come up at short notice.

I'm sure a suitable replacement for drawing the starting station and collating the results can be found at short notice.

Member of sweet FA
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Thankyou Tubeguru for letting me now about you having to pull out, I have time to find replacements.

Tangy.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Formal Invitation to Zone 1 2010

To those of you that have sent Expressions of Interest to me, you should now have recieved a PM from me detailing the exact meet up point and time.

If you:
--haven't recieved a PM but have sent an Expression of Interest to me
--still wish to register for the event
--or any other general enquiries

then please contact Roger (rhubarbrhubarb) for any assistance in my absence. I will see you all at the meeting point on the morning of the challenge.

Tangy
Z1 2010 organiser

Tangy.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Well seeing as now im alone again this year Sara still has yet to get a zone 1 day off if anybody wishes to team up if they are not happy to go solo im open to offers if not i go alone.
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

I'm up for teaming up again with you if you want...see if we can pull it off for another year :)
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

JoeGJ1984 wrote:Do people think that I would be able to stay for the results announcement and make a train away at 18:30 from Marylebone? (I'm thinking of doing this - using Wrexham & Shropshire because it is the cheapest way - but the last train is at 18:30. I did consider Virgin trains to Euston but I would have to either get in at 11:34 (a bit tight for getting to the meeting place at the start) or else pay around £60 (because of peak fares).

Also, are the rules going to be the same as what Geofftech wrote up? I think tangy should edit the first post of this thread to include the rules, or at least link to Geofftech's rules if the same are being used. And are you going to include the rule where people stop after 4 hours if not completed and note the number of stations visited?
Do you use a railcard? If so, could you not make use of the Virgin Trains peak easements for railcard holders? Or would that not work?
JoeGJ1984
Zone 3

Post by JoeGJ1984 »

jonny wrote:
JoeGJ1984 wrote:Do people think that I would be able to stay for the results announcement and make a train away at 18:30 from Marylebone? (I'm thinking of doing this - using Wrexham & Shropshire because it is the cheapest way - but the last train is at 18:30. I did consider Virgin trains to Euston but I would have to either get in at 11:34 (a bit tight for getting to the meeting place at the start) or else pay around £60 (because of peak fares).

Also, are the rules going to be the same as what Geofftech wrote up? I think tangy should edit the first post of this thread to include the rules, or at least link to Geofftech's rules if the same are being used. And are you going to include the rule where people stop after 4 hours if not completed and note the number of stations visited?
Do you use a railcard? If so, could you not make use of the Virgin Trains peak easements for railcard holders? Or would that not work?
I don't have a railcard. I've already bought my tickets using Wrexham and Shropshire - I'll be getting the train back at 18.30 (I decided it was simplest and cheapest this way).
RichieG
Zone 6
Location: Still getting lost between Aldgate and Aldgate East

Post by RichieG »

Just to let you all know (in Tangy's current forum absence!) that my train doesn't get into Paddington until around half eleven so I will be a little bit late getting to the meeting place...
Attempts: 2 (17h38m, 238 stations) (unknown, 200 stations); Completions: 0; GWR: 0; PBs: 0.
#####################################
The Richie G website: occasionally frequently updated.