Zone 1 2010 with Tangy

All you need to know and discuss about the 2010 Zone 1 Challenge.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Re: Zone 1 2010 with Tangy

Post by Sam »

Who else missed it because of work reasons other than Matt and Antony?
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Sam wrote:Who else missed it because of work reasons other than Matt and Antony?
Jamie and Neil (newbie) both had work issues.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

The official results of the Zone 1 challenge 2010. We had 24 challengers taking part split into 13 teams of which the order in which they finished are as follows:

1. Stanmore on the Right Please (Peter Smyth) finished in 02:52:34 at Vauxhall
2. Blackfriars- Station of the Year 2010 (Al Brown and Sam Cawley) finished in 03:00:43 at Vauxhall
3. The Optare Solo MetroRider (Tangy) finished in 03:01:59 at Charing Cross
=4. Tubeular Hell (Damien Cook, Richard Nash and Kevin Brown) finished in 03:03:05 at Vauxhall
=4. Fi, fy-hyn a fi* (Garion Allen) finished in 03:03:05 at Vauxhall
6. Barbqued at Barbican (Andi James and David Scard) finished in 03:10:46 at Vauxhall
7. A Mansion for a House....if only (Philip Brown, David Brierley, Max Laverack and Adham Fisher) finished in 03:13:02 at Charing Cross
8. In der Vergangenheit, Waren wir Schneller (Ric Brackenbury and Martina Muller) finished in 03:17:50 at Vauxhall
=9. Rubik Tube (Nigel White) finished in 03:19:27 at Vauxhall
=9. Epping Useless (Trevor Mitchell and Peter Wilkins) finished in 03:19:27 at Vauxhall
11. I can’t believe it’s not Andi....* (Richie Graham) finished in 03:39:58 at Vauxhall
12. I hope I don’t complete a hat trick of last place finishes (Joe Grocott-James) finished in 03:44:38 at Southwark
13. The Mile End Club (Jack Bynoe, Rosie Gommon and James Gommon) finished in 03:55:16 at Charing Cross

*Fi, fy-hyn a fi translates into English as “Me, myself and I.”
*Richie’s full name was: “I can’t believe it’s not Andi...Yes, I got lost between Aldgate and Aldgate East again and this time I lost my pen at London Bridge.”

Best team name prize (judged by me) went to Tubeular Hell
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
palkanetoijala31

Also the Zone 1 quiz for those (who were not there) can try out and pm with the answers if they wish
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Also, on a side note, what happened to HÃ¥kan?

hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

I was simply not well (nothing serious though) and had to cancel the weekend in London.
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Oh, that's a shame :(

As long as you're ok, that's the main thing :) I was just surprised not to see you!

Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

scrxisi wrote:The results of the Z1 darts are now online - results of the R15 will be added tomorrow! Matt
You have jumped up to 2nd Matt, at least until you enter the R15 results in which I did rather well :shock:
My recent form had been rubbish but it all came good on Saturday :)
One day I shall return!
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

On Saturday there were some of the best legs ever played in TCDL along with some utter rubbish!
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

greatkingrat wrote:On Saturday there were some of the best legs ever played in TCDL along with some utter rubbish!
Indeed, we actually had one leg with three players scoring ton-plus scores, Peter 114, Antony 111 & Lax 108, not to be outdone Kevin hit the winning double in this leg, thereby proving the classic saying "scores for show, doubles for dough!"
One day I shall return!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

greatkingrat wrote:On Saturday there were some of the best legs ever played in TCDL along with some utter rubbish!
Echo that and most of it by me, I can't remeber hitting more than "ONE" treble 20 all night yet seemed to finish pretty quickly....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

Going Underground wrote:
Echo that and most of it by me, I can't remeber hitting more than "ONE" treble 20 all night yet seemed to finish pretty quickly....
at least u had me to carry u in the 1st 2 rounds :lol:
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

And when will the 100+ scores page on the records link be sorted out?

Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

scrxisi wrote:Just been inspired to add a little number to the right of the table showing how many points each gained in the latest round of matches*. This shows the extent of Antony's form - 9.3 points is an impressive return for one days darts! Kevin ploughs on up top with another 7.71 to his total, Laxmeesh weighed in with a none-to-shabby 4.64, Peter 3.82 and Tangy 1.00 - all other players failing to score.

* eventually will add a nifty link to the results pages allowing you to click through to a mini-league table showing just that day's results. Eventually!
Three singles wins at the end of the night really helped, including a 64 checkout. We only had a few players on Saturday but somehow the "brothers grim" kept on pairing up. Usually we don't do that well as a team but on Saturday it was a good combo.
One day I shall return!