Poll for what date to do Z1 2010 on ...

All you need to know and discuss about the 2010 Zone 1 Challenge.

What date would you prefer for the 2010 Zone One Challenge?

Poll ended at 30 Dec 2009, 23:00

Friday April 30th
2
14%
Friday May 7th
0
No votes
Friday May 14th
0
No votes
Friday May 21st
0
No votes
Friday May 28th
4
29%
Friday June 4th
7
50%
Friday June 11th
0
No votes
Friday June 18th
1
7%
Friday June 25th
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 14

palkanetoijala31

Re: Poll for what date to do Z1 2010 on ...

Post by palkanetoijala31 » 03 Feb 2010, 08:57

As long as it isnt the pub with the horrible barman i dont care.!

geofftech
All Zones
Posts: 1103
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 20:35
Contact:

Re: Poll for what date to do Z1 2010 on ...

Post by geofftech » 05 Feb 2010, 23:39

do you want me (&Neil, my trusty sidekick) to organise it then? i'll do nothing special, same old:

- Noon meet, hat picked station, 1pm start
- Horse & Groom afterwards (cheap beer, function room, food, darts)
- Some sort of trophy

usual rules apply.

there, it's half organised already.

June 4th, then? i'll go and design a logo ...

palkanetoijala31

Re: Poll for what date to do Z1 2010 on ...

Post by palkanetoijala31 » 05 Feb 2010, 23:42

geofftech wrote:do you want me (&Neil, my trusty sidekick) to organise it then? i'll do nothing special, same old:

- Noon meet, hat picked station, 1pm start
- Horse & Groom afterwards (cheap beer, function room, food, darts)
- Some sort of trophy

usual rules apply.

there, it's half organised already.

June 4th, then? i'll go and design a logo ...
Lets gets this going so people can organise days off work for example Geoff my quiz can also be organise for the pub afterwards.

User avatar
hwolge
Zone 6
Posts: 856
Joined: 22 Feb 2005, 14:28
Location: Malmö, Sweden

Re: Poll for what date to do Z1 2010 on ...

Post by hwolge » 08 Feb 2010, 08:10

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
geofftech wrote:do you want me (&Neil, my trusty sidekick) to organise it then? i'll do nothing special, same old:

- Noon meet, hat picked station, 1pm start
- Horse & Groom afterwards (cheap beer, function room, food, darts)
- Some sort of trophy

usual rules apply.

there, it's half organised already.

June 4th, then? i'll go and design a logo ...
Lets gets this going so people can organise days off work for example Geoff my quiz can also be organise for the pub afterwards.
Sounds good. Keep in mind, however, that Geoff's original Trophy (2005) has since been promoted to a Cup, including engravings. The (unwritten) rules state that whoever gets his or her name there a third time will win it forever. Thus, since 2008, this event is called the Zone 1 Challenge Cup or Z1CC. Currently the Cup is kept by Garion and Andi!
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)

palkanetoijala31

Re: Poll for what date to do Z1 2010 on ...

Post by palkanetoijala31 » 08 Feb 2010, 08:55

hwolge wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:
geofftech wrote:do you want me (&Neil, my trusty sidekick) to organise it then? i'll do nothing special, same old:

- Noon meet, hat picked station, 1pm start
- Horse & Groom afterwards (cheap beer, function room, food, darts)
- Some sort of trophy

usual rules apply.

there, it's half organised already.

June 4th, then? i'll go and design a logo ...
Lets gets this going so people can organise days off work for example Geoff my quiz can also be organise for the pub afterwards.
Sounds good. Keep in mind, however, that Geoff's original Trophy (2005) has since been promoted to a Cup, including engravings. The (unwritten) rules state that whoever gets his or her name there a third time will win it forever. Thus, since 2008, this event is called the Zone 1 Challenge Cup or Z1CC. Currently the Cup is kept by Garion and Andi!
Unquote andi i gave to Garion for keepies how nice of me.

User avatar
Garion
All Zones
Posts: 2851
Joined: 17 Jul 2006, 18:26
Location: Cardiff

Re: Poll for what date to do Z1 2010 on ...

Post by Garion » 08 Feb 2010, 13:24

Just for the record, I did offer it to Andi around December since it was only fair that both of us keep it for a while :)
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59


Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22

palkanetoijala31

Re: Poll for what date to do Z1 2010 on ...

Post by palkanetoijala31 » 09 Feb 2010, 12:16

So has anything been decided is geoff doing it whats going on!

palkanetoijala31

Re: Poll for what date to do Z1 2010 on ...

Post by palkanetoijala31 » 09 Feb 2010, 12:17

garion24wales wrote:Just for the record, I did offer it to Andi around December since it was only fair that both of us keep it for a while :)
u also have to engrave it before u give it back by the way.

User avatar
Sam
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 4255
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 12:14
Location: Gloucester
Contact:

Re: Poll for what date to do Z1 2010 on ...

Post by Sam » 09 Feb 2010, 12:18

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
garion24wales wrote:Just for the record, I did offer it to Andi around December since it was only fair that both of us keep it for a while :)
u also have to engrave it before u give it back by the way.
Is that the real reason you didn't keep it? ;)
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver

palkanetoijala31

Re: Poll for what date to do Z1 2010 on ...

Post by palkanetoijala31 » 09 Feb 2010, 12:21

Sam wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:
garion24wales wrote:Just for the record, I did offer it to Andi around December since it was only fair that both of us keep it for a while :)
u also have to engrave it before u give it back by the way.
Is that the real reason you didn't keep it? ;)
no it was charitable of me to give to garion for keepsies also i cant remember what it looked like :shock:

User avatar
Garion
All Zones
Posts: 2851
Joined: 17 Jul 2006, 18:26
Location: Cardiff

Re: Poll for what date to do Z1 2010 on ...

Post by Garion » 09 Feb 2010, 22:53

What sort of engraving is it anyway? Or just a standard engraving?
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59


Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22

palkanetoijala31

Re: Poll for what date to do Z1 2010 on ...

Post by palkanetoijala31 » 15 Feb 2010, 12:40

Hmm any ruling on this yet what date whom is organiser some of us have to get time off work u kno.?

mullardo
Zone 5
Posts: 534
Joined: 01 Apr 2008, 03:45

Re: Poll for what date to do Z1 2010 on ...

Post by mullardo » 15 Feb 2010, 15:32

palkanetoijala31 wrote:Hmm any ruling on this yet what date whom is organiser some of us have to get time off work u kno.?
geofftech wrote:do you want me (&Neil, my trusty sidekick) to organise it then? i'll do nothing special, same old:

- Noon meet, hat picked station, 1pm start
- Horse & Groom afterwards (cheap beer, function room, food, darts)
- Some sort of trophy

usual rules apply.

there, it's half organised already.

June 4th, then? i'll go and design a logo ...
I think Geoff is doing it, and June 4th seems to be popular.
VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform

geofftech
All Zones
Posts: 1103
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 20:35
Contact:

Re: Poll for what date to do Z1 2010 on ...

Post by geofftech » 15 Feb 2010, 21:02

looks like i'm your man then.

one logo coming up. June 4th it is. watch this space . . .

geofftech
All Zones
Posts: 1103
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 20:35
Contact:

Re: Poll for what date to do Z1 2010 on ...

Post by geofftech » 27 Feb 2010, 10:06

Ooh, I've made a pretty logo:

Image

So, Friday June 4th it is then. Any reason why we shouldn't just do the normal ... ?

1. Meet At Oxford Circus at midday. Register teams/team-names

2. Pick a starting station (not one that has been used before), and all head off to it ..

3. Start in your chosen direction on the first train out after 1pm, keep your own time, be honest, etc ...

4. Meet at the Horse and groom 3-ish hours later, find out who's won ...

5. Eat, drink, quiz, darts, etc ...

The one thing i am confused about is "the cup". Who's got it at the moment? And can it be used again for this year?

My page also updated here:http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tube/zone1.html

Locked