Z1 2010: The Write-ups

All you need to know and discuss about the 2010 Zone 1 Challenge.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Z1 2010: The Write-ups

Post by Going Underground »

garion24wales wrote:Does that mean mine is now 3:01:44?
That would be correct if my maths are :!:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

garion24wales wrote:Does that mean mine is now 3:01:44?
For the official Zone One Day time you remain 3:03:05, however, assuming that you travelled to Southwark you can reset your watch and claim 3:01:44 for the Tube Challenge League Table Site.
One day I shall return!
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

Yeah I did, I was with Kevin until around Euston, and then between Aldgate and the end (finishing on the same train).
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Sam wrote:I've always maintained that I did not like Alternative challenges and had no interest in them but I had a really enjoyable day, it was exhausting and the heat didn't help but it was the buzz of not knowing how others were getting on which you don't really get on a FNC unless it's a mass attempt.

A big thank you goes to Tangy and Roger for organizing the day at such short notice and i've decided that I want to get involved with the R15 championship next season.
That's great news Sam they are really fun events and many new forum members have "cut their teeth" and met other people in our community for the 1st time on the Alternative challenges :D The R15 always comes up with a different set of scenarios each time and the championship has been a great success. The social side and meet up for discussusion afterwards is very interesting and enjoybale as the routes and finishing stations are always very diverse.
Caps off to Ric (tpfkar) for this brilliant idea which is now a regular feature of "Tubefest" week as well as the championship itself :D 8)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Thanks!! :D

I liked maintaining "pure" status for so long but zone one was good and I feel R15s will be as well. HOWEVER, you will not catch me doing this snake business or parks crap ;)

*Plus, I have Matts influence, else I would have maintained pureness* :lol:
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver