Top times: Full Network Challenge

This section now houses all the Top Times threads
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Re: Top times: Full Network Challenge

Post by Tube Geek »

RJSRdg wrote:I notice they say they found a route on the Internet - the only route I know of that's available on the internet is Labyrinth, which is no longer possible (without alteration) on a weekday. I wonder if they did theirs on a Saturday?
It says in the article they did it on Wednesday, April 6th. Geoff reveals a couple of his older routes on the write ups now and then, so it might be one of those.
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Geoff doesn't reveal routes don't be daft he does write ups and u can predict roughly what he has done in past etc and besides as mentioned many times he aint the route man. I do keep my 1st world record route 6 in public domain I sometimes get it out to show how far I have come along changing things even route 4 has something in it that the current world route has.
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:Geoff doesn't reveal routes don't be daft he does write ups and u can predict roughly what he has done in past etc and besides as mentioned many times he aint the route man. I do keep my 1st world record route 6 in public domain I sometimes get it out to show how far I have come along changing things even route 4 has something in it that the current world route has.
He has revealed his first route

http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tube/tube1.html (Scroll right down until after the stats

COYR
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Tube Geek wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:Geoff doesn't reveal routes don't be daft he does write ups and u can predict roughly what he has done in past etc and besides as mentioned many times he aint the route man. I do keep my 1st world record route 6 in public domain I sometimes get it out to show how far I have come along changing things even route 4 has something in it that the current world route has.

http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tube/tube1.html (Scroll right down until after the stats
As again stated Geoff is not the route man but there's nothing new in that route and if someone used it they be a fool as contains ell line
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Given the route splits off to do the ELL at Whitechapel and rejoins at Whitechapel, it wouldn't take a genius to work out how to skip this bit.
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

Iain wrote:Given the route splits off to do the ELL at Whitechapel and rejoins at Whitechapel, it wouldn't take a genius to work out how to skip this bit.
Phew, I thought I'd missed something when Andi posted his comment!

COYR
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

However just skipping ELL would affect subsequent timings (i.e. if it took say half an hour to do ELL, not doing ELL wouldn't necessarily knock the same amount off the total time as not all services run at the same intervals). The main 'benefit' would be to give you some catchup time. So perhaps useful if just aiming to get a completion, not so useful if aiming for a quick time.

That said, as it's a very old route there are much quicker ones that have been invented since so it's not a good choice for a quick time anyway (which isn't to say there might not be some useful bits in it). Ultimately though Geoff wouldn't have shared it if he thought it was going to be too helpful...
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

It's from 2002 so timings were never going to work out anyway.

I guess you'd be lucky for Ken O to just work.
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

Iain wrote:It's from 2002 so timings were never going to work out anyway.

I guess you'd be lucky for Ken O to just work.
It hadn't even thought of that!

COYR
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:

As again stated Geoff is not the route man but there's nothing new in that route and if someone used it they be a fool as contains ell line
Lets be fair here. Geoff's first 9 attempts were his own route. I started helping Geoff on tube 8, which was a version of his world record breaking route 7. Tube 9 was again his tube 8 route but for the London Bombing charities.

If my timing is correct, there was a long pause between tube 9 and tube 10. During that time, I went right back to basics and started a fresh writing lots of routes - whilst Geoff went a lived in the states! Routes have been my thing ever since.

I should also point out, very few of the 18 routes since then have been 100% me. Yes, I create them but I then ask the team to challenge them - often we make changes.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:even route 4 has something in it that the current world route has.
268 such things at least I'd imagine :lol:
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

moley wrote:Lets be fair here. Geoff's first 9 attempts were his own route.
Yes, Geoff had absolutely no help with any of those routes, especially number seven ...
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

Top times updated with wozzat's completion.
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

Top times updated with the Tube Olympics completions.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Nigel wrote:Top times updated with the Tube Olympics completions.
Thank you Nigel :)
It's has been a long while since I have completed although there have been several where I could have but would have made it a very late night for no good reason (Such as stopping at Watford when finishing in NW corner and Hatton Cross when finishing at T5)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold