ZONE 1 ROUGH PLAN OF DAY

All you need to know and discuss about the 2009 Zone 1 Challenge.
palkanetoijala31

ZONE 1 ROUGH PLAN OF DAY

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

:!: Meeting outside the Horse & Groom Pub Great Portland street 11.30am (opening time) for those whom turn up early to drop off quiz related stuff and then walk down to Oxford Circus.(For those whom dont know where the pub is a good oppurtunity a map will be given closer to date.)

:!: Meeting at usual The organisers will be there at 11.45am please turn up as soon as you possibly can between then and 12.10pm (if u are later then please use contact phone numbers to find out the starting station and make urself known to the organisers).You will be giving ur zone 1 sheet and photographed in ur teams

:!: The Zone 1 Draw (drawer to be determined) will take place at 12.15pm once the station has been drawn out a suitable meeting up place at that station.

:!: From arriving at station to 12.50pm You will have time to plan your routes

:!: 12.50pm the organisers will gather the teams up and set everybody watches to exact time have a last minute pep talk u can then go to ur designated starting platform

:!: 13.00pm The challenge starts on ur first train when the doors close if u r still travelling at 5pm then stop count the number u have completed and head to the Horse & groom as quick as u can

:!: 5.30pm Roughly i guess most of the teams will be at pub and most of the results will either be in and start to be collated for results.Sara will be deciding on the Best Team Name

:!: The quiz will start immediately after the results

:!: 7.20pm kevin will probably start organising a Darts Tournament downstairs in main bar

:!: 11.30pm Andi staggers outside very drunk :lol:
Last edited by palkanetoijala31 on 26 Jan 2009, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: ZONE 1 ROUGH PLAN OF DAY

Post by Going Underground »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
:!: 7.20pm kevin will probably start organising a Darts Tournament downstairs in main bar
Oh yes the days big event :P
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
:!: Meeting at usual Zone 1 Gathering Place (**************) The organisers will be there at 11.45am please turn up as soon as you possibly can between then and 12.10pm (if u are later then please use contact phone numbers to find out the starting station and make urself known to the organisers).You will be giving ur zone 1 sheet and photographed in ur teams
I would recommend you delete this information for the moment, in past we kept meeting point fairly secret, just in case you never know who's watching
One day I shall return!
palkanetoijala31

Soup Dragon wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:
:!: Meeting at usual Zone 1 Gathering Place (**************) The organisers will be there at 11.45am please turn up as soon as you possibly can between then and 12.10pm (if u are later then please use contact phone numbers to find out the starting station and make urself known to the organisers).You will be giving ur zone 1 sheet and photographed in ur teams
I would recommend you delete this information for the moment, in past we kept meeting point fairly secret, just in case you never know who's watching
Done deleted and ALIENS OR ********
palkanetoijala31

Me and Sara are travelling up on the thursday taking in a show and getting some accommodation.If somebody does decide to do a pre event i will organise it if i can if not if people wish to have a pre booze up the night before.
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:Sara will be deciding on the Best Team Name
What's Sara's opinion on puns? You know, like naming a team "Frankie Goes To Chorleywood"?
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
palkanetoijala31

U will have to ask her urself maybe i have already heard quite a few funny ones already.
palkanetoijala31

Right official registration has now closed and all parties i hope have been sent private messages about where to go or refer to original post in this topic my phone number is included for any emergencies.by the numbers it look like we be in the high 30,s for people attending this year.
palkanetoijala31

:!: IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR HORSE AND GROOM PUB

The address is 128 Great Portland street either walk down 1/4 mile from Great Portland Street station or take exit 7 or 8 from Oxford Circus Station and cross road to the Urban Outfitters shop which is on the corner pub is 1/2 mile on the right up the road.

The kitchen will stay open till 5pm so if u wish to order hot food please do so before then (if some people wish to meet me and Garion are meeting up there at 11.25am but wont obviously stay long so u can preorder then if u wish)

Matt and Sam will be there for u to hand ur zone 1 result sheets in they will also give u the picture sheet for the quiz which u can get a head start on and the normal quiz sheets if u dont want to take part then say so.

Mr Tubeguru aka the Quizmaster will start the quiz directly after the results are read out.

:!: FOR ZONE 1 ITSELF

I will have final decision in all matters please try and make it on time and have a fun day

Andi
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:Mr Tubeguru aka the Quizmaster will start the quiz directly after the results are read out.
Mr Tubeguru should be at the pub in time for all that, as he officially finishes at 15.57 and is only round the corner from the pub.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA