ZONE 1 CHALLENGE CUP 2009 OFFICIAL RULES

All you need to know and discuss about the 2009 Zone 1 Challenge.
jbom1

Re: ZONE 1 CHALLENGE CUP 2009 OFFICIAL RULES

Post by jbom1 »

is it permissible to do a "double run" i.e. to arrive at station 1 by train, run to station 2 and then run to station 3 and leave by train?
No
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

Post by Mitchell&BrownLook »

Thanks for the clarification, we didn't think it was acceptable to do this otherwise it would be too easy to visit Warren Street, Euston Square and Euston in a sequence or vice versa, and as Andi put it, "it would be an easy/quicker way of getting rid of a difficult station." The only reason for us asking was that we thought the rules at the start of this topic were a little ambiguous, although it does say somewhere within them that in the case of a dispute, the GWR rules would be used to solve the matter. We decided it would be easier to solve the matter now rather than get it wrong on the day and be disqualified for it!

Thanks again,
Mr Mitchell & Mr Brown
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Also, if you could do that dastardly deed, then by extension you could run to every single Zone 1 station and claim that time, and not bother to use the Tube at all!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Starkey7 wrote:Also, if you could do that dastardly deed, then by extension you could run to every single Zone 1 station and claim that time, and not bother to use the Tube at all!
Now that is a challenge i except young starkey.
palkanetoijala31

I'm now thinking about an Aldgate East start, going East to Whitechapel and running to Bethnal Green. There are so many possiblities![/quote]

I have done that run im sure u if u want to win u wont be doing that :wink:
mps247
Zone 4

Post by mps247 »

Yes, I agree with you... it's a 700 m run in a busy area. I was considering it because I don't like the idea of starting in Aldgate East and finishing in Aldgate, but it's the only route I can think of unless you change at Liverpool Street or Tower Hill on your first train...

Actually, that doesn't have to be the case, but if you don't finish in Aldgate and don't change at either Liverpool Street or Tower Hill on your first train, you end up visiting Liverpool Street twice. Perhaps that isn't so bad.
palkanetoijala31

With the discussion earlier about lateness and it being hypothetical of course i dont expect any excuses for lateness (i will except if for example the whole london Network broke down and nobody managed to make it on time very unlikely).I have decided after listening to the various points of discussion that the fairest system is If u cant make the draw then fine.

But u must arrive at the Chosen station by 12.55pm BST you have 3 mins left to find Me or Sara or Garion in order to officially register.If you cant make it on time but know the starting station then you may of course do ur own attempt (for record purposes and bragging rights) but will not make the official results later on.
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

Post by Mitchell&BrownLook »

If this was Mock the Week Dara would at this point say "the points go to srxisi's team."

Very good and well spotted!