Video of Zone 1, 2008

All you need to know and discuss about the 2008 Zone 1 Challenge.
geofftech
All Zones

Video of Zone 1, 2008

Post by geofftech »

ok guys & girls .. after a lot of production work, I think we're there! I might polish it up a bit more at a later day but it's damn good as it is.

obviously this follows around the attempt of me & Neil, but there's a few other moments and people in there and is fun to watch anyway. Go to the root of my blog at:

http://www.geofftech.co.uk/iblog

and it's the latest post. for anyone that has me as a friend on facebook, it's posted there too!

it was nice to see people on the day and put faces to names that previously i only 'knew' of through the forum here!

thanks,
Geoff
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Re: Video of Zone 1, 2008

Post by Soup Dragon »

Bravo, that really is most excellent, I wish I was that creative with a video camera.
One day I shall return!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

That was a very interesting video Geoff i was a little upset my diving in tube carriage wasnt there but a great video never the less.When are u next back over this way in jolly old england i must admit to being slightly enamoured (is that the right word in english.?) by ur presence on zone 1 day.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Hey all .. thx. it's a LOT of work putting something like this together! believe me.. got kind of sick of it in the end, and yet i've got to go back and correct a few mistakes (like 2:43 being the record time, not 2:45!) which I didn't know about.

the BBC footage looked amateur because the quality was bad. i only had it as a WMV which then got converted to FLV - so there was a huge degradation in quality.

i'm sorry i didn't have you diving into a tube carriage on the final cut!! heh. maybe i'll edit it back in as an outtake. i could have been slightly more social in the pub afterwards as well! you think you were enamored? i was having a hard time putting faces to real names, let alone forum names hence why i skulked in the corner of the pub a little bit .. so perhaps next time! 2009? :-)
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Great video. You could have used a bit more pub footage at the end though - you left out your interview with me where I predicted my team would come third to fifth, which we did!
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
jbom1

Post by jbom1 »

Yes, thanks for an excellent and entertaining video, Geoff. I really enjoyed it. Not too sure about either of the two endings (the Goldhawk Road and Piccadilly Circus ones), though. Who held the camera when both Neil and Geoff were in shot?
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

One or other of us held the camera at arms length.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

i've just uploaded a new version (on my blog) with tighter edits, better captions, and credits at the end. neil's GF (Lorna) and Chris Presswell did a bit of shooting for us - they're now credited.

would have been nice to have more pub footage, but i was really trying to make the whole thing less than 10 minutes... which i still haven't managed to do! bah...

anyway, newer version just uploaded! (not that you'll probably notice the difference...)
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

I'm still seeing the old version, despite pressing Ctrl+F5 and letting the video reload... are you sure you uploaded it? :)
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings