Photo Quiz 5

Previous rounds of the Photo Quiz live here
gasman
Zone 4

Post by gasman »

Bah. I shall be complaining to my MP about the so-called Discreet Yet Huge Clue, which was nothing more than a pack of lies. For anyone wondering, the clue that I spotted was the filename of the image: BeatTheDistrictLineChallenge006-1.jpg. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but surely the whole point of the Beat The District Line challenge is that the person doing the run *bypasses* Earl's Court when running between Gloucester Road and West Brompton, so the exterior of Earl's Court station is the one thing that you definitely shouldn't be seeing / photographing if you're doing it right...?

So just out of curiosity... what were everyone else's Discreet Yet Huge Clues then? :-)
"This train is for King George the Fifth. So you can't go on it."
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

gasman wrote:Bah. I shall be complaining to my MP about the so-called Discreet Yet Huge Clue, which was nothing more than a pack of lies. For anyone wondering, the clue that I spotted was the filename of the image: BeatTheDistrictLineChallenge006-1.jpg. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but surely the whole point of the Beat The District Line challenge is that the person doing the run *bypasses* Earl's Court when running between Gloucester Road and West Brompton, so the exterior of Earl's Court station is the one thing that you definitely shouldn't be seeing / photographing if you're doing it right...?

So just out of curiosity... what were everyone else's Discreet Yet Huge Clues then? :-)
There was the filename - and then when I used the filename to look in the appropriate photobucket page, there was another copy of the quiz image but with the reflection of the red Earl's Court sign in it - so I'm guessing it was photoshopped out... you can see a small trace of it still in the photo! :wink:
editorsfoot
Zone 5

Post by editorsfoot »

The big huge building reflected in the rotunda helped, as did the fact it looked like the Warwick Road exit to Earls Court :P
Dr Who
Zone 6

Post by Dr Who »

The picture was taken after the beat the District line challenge.
jbom1

Clue

Post by jbom1 »

The file had metadata associated with it, showing that the image had been taken at 21:46 on 22nd June 2007. This led me to search the forum for accounts of the challenge that evening, which narrowed down the field very substantially. Add the file name in to the equation, and there would seem to be only four stations which needed to be considered. The Warwick Road entrance to Earl's Court was then fairly easy to identify.

Maybe I should have tried to include some of this detail in my answer in the hope of picking up a bonus point?
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

It seems like we have a few people on the forum that would make good private detectives, with the lengths they go to in order to identify the photo quiz :P
One day I shall return!
Dr Who
Zone 6

Post by Dr Who »

Basically they where cheating. :roll:

(200th post :D )
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

Dr Who wrote:Basically they were cheating. :roll:
Cheating? Advanced investigation more like :D
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

jamesthegill wrote:
I concur!
Garion
All Zones

Re: Photo Quiz 5

Post by Garion »

I thought it was Earls Court since I was there September and never forget a thing like that 8)
ping pon
Zone 4

Post by ping pon »

I still dont think people should get Bonus points for Good anwsers. I agree with bonus points for the pictures hidden in the picture (like soup dragons quiz) but i dont understand why people get them for in-depth anwsers?
Last edited by ping pon on 01 Dec 2007, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
One has lost the game !!!!!
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

Probably because people describe in detail how they came to that answer or give a little background related to that answer? :?
editorsfoot
Zone 5

Post by editorsfoot »

ping pon wrote:I still dont think people should get Bouns points for Good anwsers.I agree with bouns points for the pictures hidden in the picture (like soup dragons quiz) but i dont understand why people get them for in-deep anwsers?
Guess you're not a swot at school then ping pon :wink:
ping pon
Zone 4

Post by ping pon »

editorsfoot wrote:
ping pon wrote:I still dont think people should get Bouns points for Good anwsers.I agree with bouns points for the pictures hidden in the picture (like soup dragons quiz) but i dont understand why people get them for in-deep anwsers?
Guess you're not a swot at school then ping pon :wink:
nope not at all :oops: :oops: :oops:
One has lost the game !!!!!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

jamesthegill wrote:
Whilst I agree it isn't cheating I don't think the idea of the competition was to look into the metadata or filenames of the photos...

I believe the object of the exercise was for people to look at the relevant photo and gauge their anwser on what could actually be seen or what clues could be gleamed from simply from viewing the image.....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold