Photo Quiz 15.07 (Now finisheD)

Previous rounds of the Photo Quiz live here
jamesthegill
All Zones

Re: Photo Quiz 15.07 (Now finisheD)

Post by jamesthegill »

I honestly wasn't sure which station he was choosing. He mentioned the right one, and then went for Shoreditch High Street.
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Reads to me that he is saying the building in question was from Shoreditch NLL, then gave a little bit of info about the modern day interpretation of the picture, proably not realising that Shoreditch NLL was ever on the tube map.
Edgemaster
Zone 5

Post by Edgemaster »

Steeevooo wrote:Reads to me that he is saying the building in question was from Shoreditch NLL, then gave a little bit of info about the modern day interpretation of the picture, proably not realising that Shoreditch NLL was ever on the tube map.
Indeed, I hadn't actually bothered considering if it was on the tube map or not, I play by the wider ruleset of any station ever in London, or LT.
rhubarbrhubarb
Zone 3

Post by rhubarbrhubarb »

Without wishing to start any kind of fight or mega-dispute (he says, cautiously! :) ), I am wondering whether the rules of the photo quiz might benefit from some clarification. That 1914 UNDERGROUND map is certainly very interesting - amongst its delights are the proposed Central line extension to Gunnersbury and Richmond shown as being 'under construction' (so far as I know, that plan never got any further than the drawing board) and what is now 'Brent Cross' station shown as 'Woodstock'. However, the map does also show all of the 'main line' stations that were open as at that date. To draw a modern comparison, TfL currently issues an 'Oyster rail services in London' map which shows all of the Tube lines - but also all of the National Rail lines upon which Oyster is valid. Does this open the photo quiz up to covering all of the railway stations that are shown on that map? I'm wondering whether a calm and measured discussion might be helpful.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Calm and measured discussion on this forum? Seriously? Good Luck :D
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

I think that we should be more liberal when applying the rules. After all, this quiz is only a bit of fun.

Anyway, I entered this quiz too! (Although I did put Dollis Hill. :? )