Photo Quiz 14.16 and 14.18 (Closed)

Previous rounds of the Photo Quiz live here
tangy
Site Administrator

Photo Quiz 14.16 and 14.18 (Closed)

Post by tangy »

Welcome back to the photo quizzes. I have recently bought new batteries for my camera and thus now have a clutch of brand new photos. So its normal service resumed and I will start with these two...

Photo quiz 14.16:
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr25 ... ssexit.jpg

Photo quiz 14.18:
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr25 ... dsteel.jpg

You may submit your answers anytime up to 20:00 hours on Sunday 13th February 2011.
Last edited by tangy on 13 Feb 2011, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
tangy
Site Administrator

Re: Photo Quiz 14.16 and 14.18

Post by tangy »

This quiz is now terminated. I haven't recieved a lot of entries for this round, have they been too EVL for you? From those that have entered, here is the all important answers...

Photo 14.16 shows a fairly new exit of KNIGHTSBRIDGE on the north side of the main A4 road built into the new One Hyde Park development.

Correct:
--Tubeguru (who got this from the building shown on the right of the photo, the Royal Thames Yacht Club).

Incorrect:
--Going Underground (Euston Square)
--RichieG (Westminster)
--starkey (Chalk Farm)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo 14.18 shows the ticket hall area of the Waterloo East entrance to SOUTHWARK station. The red steelwork holding up platform 4 of the mainline station above, with the platform area extending over the ticket office.

Correct:
--garion24wales
--RichieG

Incorrect:
--tubeguru (KX/STP)
--Al (Waterloo)
--starkey (Canning Town)

This concludes Photo Quiz 14.16 and 14.18. Photo 14.20 is being worked on now.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
palkanetoijala31

Re: Photo Quiz 14.16 and 14.18

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

tangy wrote:This quiz is now terminated. I haven't recieved a lot of entries for this round, have they been too EVL for you? From those that have entered, here is the all important answers...

Photo 14.16 shows a fairly new exit of KNIGHTSBRIDGE on the north side of the main A4 road built into the new One Hyde Park development.

Correct:
--Tubeguru (who got this from the building shown on the right of the photo, the Royal Thames Yacht Club).

Incorrect:
--Going Underground (Euston Square)
--RichieG (Westminster)
--starkey (Chalk Farm)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo 14.18 shows the ticket hall area of the Waterloo East entrance to SOUTHWARK station. The red steelwork holding up platform 4 of the mainline station above, with the platform area extending over the ticket office.

Correct:
--garion24wales
--RichieG

Incorrect:
--tubeguru (KX/STP)
--Al (Waterloo)
--starkey (Canning Town)

This concludes Photo Quiz 14.16 and 14.18. Photo 14.20 is being worked on now.
Pity i didnt have more time as i sat outside 14.16 quite a few times yesterday.