Photo Quiz 10.14 (Closed)

Previous rounds of the Photo Quiz live here
tangy
Site Administrator

Photo Quiz 10.14 (Closed)

Post by tangy »

After being prepared for service, my next quiz it is now ready to roll. LTM's 1938 stock has been wandering again....

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr25 ... _stock.jpg

Expiry: Tuesday 05 January 2010 @ 20:00
Last edited by tangy on 06 Jan 2010, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
Garion
All Zones

Re: Photo Quiz 10.14

Post by Garion »

Easy :)
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
tangy
Site Administrator

Re: Photo Quiz 10.14

Post by tangy »

LTM's 1938 stock had wondered off to... the centre road at GOLDERS GREEN.

Those who are rewarded:
--Edgemaster
--jamesthegill
--Lancaster Gate
--Steeevooo
--tubeguru
--Sam
--jbom1
--starkey
--garion24wales

Those who made an error
--Going Underground (Finchley Central). However he did submit a correct answer after answering Finchley Central, so I will have to take your first answer. Sorry.

Photo 10.16 is lightly delayed and will be posted up as soon as I get more information.
Last edited by tangy on 06 Jan 2010, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

Tangy.
Edgemaster
Zone 5

Re: Photo Quiz 10.14 (Closed)

Post by Edgemaster »

Did garion enter?
Seems odd he posted here but didn't PM..
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

I thought I did :/ I remember writing the message but i dunno. The internet/router in my house is playing up and I'm constantly having to swap wireless networks to stay on (Thank god the poor soul who's internet I use doesnt know :P ) lol
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Who came up with this "first answer only" rule? I think that it's rather daft. Surely it's your final answer before the deadline that should count? I know that this is open to abuse, but as long as you didn't keep changing your mind over and over again, it's sporting to allow it.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Having seen a screen print of Garion's answer to this quiz, I am happy that he did enter, but for some reason it got lost in the post and never arrived here!

Message was sent Mon 4th Jan at 23:54

Tangy.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Starkey7 wrote:Who came up with this "first answer only" rule? I think that it's rather daft. Surely it's your final answer before the deadline that should count? I know that this is open to abuse, but as long as you didn't keep changing your mind over and over again, it's sporting to allow it.
I had a complete senile moment as I even went to see the 38 stock at Golders Green and when I put Finchley Central I meant Golders Green :? Realised this silly error a day or so later..
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

Starkey7 wrote:Who came up with this "first answer only" rule? I think that it's rather daft. Surely it's your final answer before the deadline that should count? I know that this is open to abuse, but as long as you didn't keep changing your mind over and over again, it's sporting to allow it.
I think it was used in response to people pointing the "three obvious clues" in the picture. Anyway, nobody is forced to enter in the first two days after it's posted, you can hold off until just before the deadline.
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

jamesthegill wrote:
I think it was used in response to people pointing the "three obvious clues" in the picture. Anyway, nobody is forced to enter in the first two days after it's posted, you can hold off until just before the deadline.
Trouble is if you don't enter straight away you normally forget, as many of us have... :(
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

OK, how about the title of the latest quiz having the deadline in big capital letters in the title?

Or even somewhere else on the forum in big capital letters?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA