Photo Quiz 9.18 (Closed)

Previous rounds of the Photo Quiz live here
tangy
Site Administrator

Photo Quiz 9.18 (Closed)

Post by tangy »

Here is this weeks photo quiz from myself. Yes I know it is late, but I have been stocking up with new material to try and challenge you with. Here is the first of this new collection:

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr25 ... udysky.jpg

Expiry: Tuesday 10th November at 20:00 hours. Normal service will resume from next week.
Last edited by tangy on 11 Nov 2009, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
tangy
Site Administrator

Re: Photo Quiz 9.18

Post by tangy »

Here are the long awaited results from Photo Quiz 9.18

The station is East Finchley, taken from a very cunning angle. As although at first glance it looks like a normal 2 platform station, there is actaully four platforms here (you can just make one out on the far left).

The tracks you can see here lead to/from Highgate Sidings and the inner platforms only see use by trains termining or coming out of the sidings. The main running lines are on the outer sides of the island formation and dive sharply into tunnel, hence are not visible.

Those who surfaced:
--Lancaster Gate
--greatkingrat
--jbom1
--garion24wales

Those that got diverted:
--Starkey (Boston Manor)
--al (South Harrow)

This conclues quiz 9.18
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

Tangy.
Starkey7
All Zones

Re: Photo Quiz 9.18 (Closed)

Post by Starkey7 »

What foxed me was why there was a footbridge when the steps lead down!

It would be nice for passengers if the normal service trains could run above ground for the Highgate bit, and only go underground at the very last opportunity. After all, it seems that on almost every approach to East Finchley the train just hangs around just inside the tunnel for ages.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

As you may of noticed the bridge above the platforms isn't a normal passenger footbridge it houses offices/staff facilities as East Finchley is a driver sign on point. Thiis also explains the short delay you may experience at/approaching the station as the driver changes.

Tangy.
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Aha! I know, but the wait is annoying; I don't like being kept in the dark.