Photo Quiz 9.12 (Closed)

Previous rounds of the Photo Quiz live here
tangy
Site Administrator

Photo Quiz 9.12 (Closed)

Post by tangy »

Here, there everywhere. Which part of London am I this week? More specifically which station am I photographing?

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr25 ... framed.jpg

Bcak to a Monday deadline for this; so that's Monday 19th October at 20:00
Last edited by tangy on 19 Oct 2009, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

Re: Photo Quiz 9.12

Post by Mitchell&BrownLook »

I'm about to ask a question that while only Tangy can answer, I feel that all members may be interested in the response. (And no doubt guessing the answer will cause great merriment in some quarters, while great a number of derisory comments will come forth on the back of the guessed answers.) It is for this reason that I didn't include my question in my PM'ed answer, if Tangy, or any one else for that matter, was wondering.

Thus: "What is hidden behind the white blob on the film poster?" I only ask because I can't for the life of me understand what could possibly be written there that could help anyone trying to guess the station. It surely isn't big enough for the district which includes the station? If it is, my answer's wrong. Simple as.
mullardo
Zone 5

Post by mullardo »

Mitchell&BrownLook wrote:I'm about to ask a question that while only Tangy can answer, I feel that all members may be interested in the response. (And no doubt guessing the answer will cause great merriment in some quarters, while great a number of derisory comments will come forth on the back of the guessed answers.) It is for this reason that I didn't include my question in my PM'ed answer, if Tangy, or any one else for that matter, was wondering.

Thus: "What is hidden behind the white blob on the film poster?" I only ask because I can't for the life of me understand what could possibly be written there that could help anyone trying to guess the station. It surely isn't big enough for the district which includes the station? If it is, my answer's wrong. Simple as.
It may be the date the film was released, thus showing that may give away the challenge this picture was taken on.
VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

But surely if that's the reason why he did it, then someone that committed could just put in a search to a search engine for an actress with the name "Ren... Zellw..." and find a film with her as the lead role that has a title along the lines of "Ne... I... To...". From that you could find the cinema or DVD release date in the United Kingdom, and if you are correct, associate this with the relevant tube challenge.

Now I think that if Tangy's tried to cover up this patch because it includes a vital date he would have covered the rest of the advert, as we've seen some seriously tampered pictures from him before now. (Good on yer' Tangy, you don't want to make it too easy for us all!) The other option is that you are correct Mullardo, and Tangy hasn't thought of the above, but personally I think he's crafty enough to know that someone could do all of the above, and thus I think the information is something else.

By the way, if Tangy hadn't have covered over this spot on the film poster I doubt I would have payed it any attention whatsoever. It's only the covering of it that has alerted me to it and now really got my cogs going as to what could possibly be behind there!
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Mitchell&BrownLook wrote:By the way, if Tangy hadn't have covered over this spot on the film poster I doubt I would have payed it any attention whatsoever. It's only the covering of it that has alerted me to it and now really got my cogs going as to what could possibly be behind there!
Wheres Starkey??? :mrgreen:
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

Where's Starkey?

Two can play that game!
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Meow :P

Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

Got this one instantly...Thankfully I keep old pics :wink:
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Got it! And I even know what's behind the white blob; I was there today.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Mitchell&BrownLook wrote:I'm about to ask a question that while only Tangy can answer, I feel that all members may be interested in the response. (And no doubt guessing the answer will cause great merriment in some quarters, while great a number of derisory comments will come forth on the back of the guessed answers.) It is for this reason that I didn't include my question in my PM'ed answer, if Tangy, or any one else for that matter, was wondering.

I do know that tangy deletes the date it was taken sometimes because he cant get away wivout me knowing the amswer then seeing as im probably wiv him this particular picture he made a mistake because he said have u got my latest pic yet i said no havent seen it right at this station twazzock.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Here, there everywhere. Which part of London was I this week? Well, I was back in east London on the Jubilee platforms at Stratford.

Those who reached the end of the line:
--Mitchell&BrownLook
--Edgemaster
--garion24wales
--Nigel
--jbom1
--Lancaster Gate
--starkey
--steeevooo
--mps247

Those who alighted too soon:
--mullardo
--greatlkingrat
who made it no further than Canning Town.

The bus station at Canning Town, although right by the former NLL tracks like at Stratford, there is a high wall between the railway and the bus station. Meaning you can only see the top deck of double deckers unlike at Stratford which is more open and that distinct Stratford bus station roof.....

This was one my photos taken upon my GWR record attempt of July 2008. Thus I blanked out the date of "July 24" on the film poster to make it harder to match the date of the challenge with where it might be.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Re: Photo Quiz 9.12 (Closed)

Post by Sam »

I knew that one as soon as I saw it, but forgot to enter it :(

DAMMIT!!

Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

Re: Photo Quiz 9.12 (Closed)

Firstly there's some humble pie due from me, Mullardo was correct and I was wrong. However, this also means that I've given Tangy the idea of blanking out the whole advert if a similar situation arises! As and when he does it, I'm sorry people!

Personally, I got this one thanks to the roof of Stratford Bus Station being in shot, however Tangy you can't go and edit that out out or there will be nothing left for us in the picture! In the mean time, keep up the good work.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

tangy wrote:Here, there everywhere. Which part of London was I this week? Well, I was back in east London on the Jubilee platforms at Stratford.

Those who reached the end of the line:
--Mitchell&BrownLook
--Edgemaster
--garion24wales
--Nigel
--jbom1
--Lancaster Gate
--starkey
--steeevooo
--mps247

Those who alighted too soon:
--mullardo
--greatlkingrat
who made it no further than Canning Town.

The bus station at Canning Town, although right by the former NLL tracks like at Stratford, there is a high wall between the railway and the bus station. Meaning you can only see the top deck of double deckers unlike at Stratford which is more open and that distinct Stratford bus station roof.....

This was one my photos taken upon my GWR record attempt of July 2008. Thus I blanked out the date of "July 24" on the film poster to make it harder to match the date of the challenge with where it might be.
try looking at ur certificate once in a while ur notice the date is not july 24th on it.
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
tangy wrote: This was one my photos taken upon my GWR record attempt of July 2008. Thus I blanked out the date of "July 24" on the film poster to make it harder to match the date of the challenge with where it might be.
try looking at ur certificate once in a while ur notice the date is not july 24th on it.
The attempt date may not have been July 24th, but the film release date was, and it'll helpfully narrow down the attempt for anyone guessing.
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.