Photo Quiz 8.15 (now finished)

Previous rounds of the Photo Quiz live here
jamesthegill
All Zones

Photo Quiz 8.15 (now finished)

Post by jamesthegill »

A slightly easier one this week.

Deadline is Thursday August 20th at 8pm.

Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
jamesthegill
All Zones

Re: Photo Quiz 8.15 (now finished)

Post by jamesthegill »

For one that I thought was extremely obvious, I barely got any replies. This is King's Cross St Pancras.

Those who got it right:
tangy
scrxisi (who had a little help)
Mitchell&BrownLook
Lancaster Gate
mps247 (who was the only one who included the subtitle "for St Pancras International")
Edgemaster
barrykas
greatkingrat

garion24wales put it as "Kings Kross St Pancras" and is rendered null and void. Starkey answered as "Kings Cross" which is a mainline railway station, not the tube station (and also not in the picture). Sam answered correctly after the clearly stated deadline and also gets null points.
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

jamesthegill wrote:garion24wales put it as "Kings Kross St Pancras" and is rendered null and void. Starkey answered as "Kings Cross" which is a mainline railway station, not the tube station (and also not in the picture). Sam answered correctly after the clearly stated deadline and also gets null points.
Harsh. Harsh, but fair
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Would an answer of just St Pancras be okay? Part of the mainline station tower is, after all, in the picture. In fact this is probably one of the few instances when the photo quiz has two correct answers (since the photo contains two stations).

Nullifying my answer was probably justified, although very jobsworth. Nullifying Garion's, however, was not. For all we know, he might have dyslexia or another learning difficulty, and penalising answers because of that would be politically incorrect. For that matter, what about typos? You can't just nullify an answer of "South Riuslip" because two of the letters are inverted.
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

Meanie :wink:

And yeah, dont you allow typos? Its a common mistake I do all the time. Like I always put sinema instead of cinema because thats the Welsh way of writing it lol. Just saying. I'm not going to beg for the point! :lol:
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22