Photo Quiz 8.12 (Closed)

Previous rounds of the Photo Quiz live here
tangy
Site Administrator

Photo Quiz 8.12 (Closed)

Post by tangy »

Here arrives photo Quiz 8.12 with another interesting angle used by the cameraman!

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr25 ... acking.jpg

Deadline: Monday 10th August at 20:00
Last edited by tangy on 10 Aug 2009, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
tangy
Site Administrator

Re: Photo Quiz 8.12

Post by tangy »

This was the view you would get by looking westwards from the footbridge at Caledonian Road & Barnsbury (NLL). I do say was, as the tracks on the left have now been ripped up in preperation for remodelling of this stretch of line with in conjunction with the ELL extension.

Correct:
--scrxisi
--greatkingrat
--Lancaster Gate
--barrykas
--jbom1
--mps247

Wrong:
--Starkey (Dalston Kingsland)

Ho um, what do I give you lot for Quiz 8.14...
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Re: Photo Quiz 8.12 (Closed)

Post by tubeguru »

For those who don't play Simsig, or if you do the North London Line sim, here's a diagram of what the line used to look like in that area. The line off to the right after Camden Road is a link to the ECML just north of King's Cross. Between Camden Road and Dalston Junction, the lower set of tracks were used for passenger trains only (DC) and the tracks at the top were freight only (AC). The link to the ECML comes out just south of Finsbury Park station at Highbury Vale Junction.

The points in the quiz picture are marked X with the photographer facing towards Camden Road. As you can see the points aren't quite in the right place as in real life, but that's the limitation of a computer simulation.

One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Starkey7
All Zones

Re: Photo Quiz 8.12 (Closed)

Post by Starkey7 »

You may want to know that Caledonian Road and Barnsbury is an anagram of Absorbancy and Neural Android.