Post by Dr Who »

Steeevooo wrote:
Dr Who wrote:Tomato Soup 17p
Pizza 44p
Cheese Toastie 29p
Sausage & Beans 78p
Bacon Tomato & Egg 81p
Burger and Chips 50p
So basically you have just copied Andi's answer above?
Not really, because here is a picture of the same menu taken on my camera.
jbom1

Post by jbom1 »

Were these pictures taken in a museum recently then?
Dr Who
Zone 6

Post by Dr Who »

They were taken on the 1938 stock tour of the East London Line.
gasman
Zone 4

Post by gasman »

What I want to know is why they can't give an exact price for the cheese toastie, but they do for everything else. Was the global cheese trading market extremely volatile in the early 80s or something?
"This train is for King George the Fifth. So you can't go on it."
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

It could be that they offered a number of different toasted sandwiches, so the price could vary depending on filling! :wink:
ping pon
Zone 4

Post by ping pon »

i have like the same picture on my phone from that day :wink:
One has lost the game !!!!!
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Dr Who wrote:
Steeevooo wrote:
Pizza 44p
Cheese Toastie 29p
Sausage & Beans 78p
Bacon Tomato & Egg 81p
Burger and Chips 50p
So if you have the answer in front of you, why enter? Seems a bit pointless as you know the answers, whereas people like Andi etc who don't know the answers can play along with the game!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

thanks steveooo i got to admit i never know the answers even in the picture quizess.This was a total guess im glad it was right even though it seems my own treasure hunt idea is too hard?
Dr Who
Zone 6

Post by Dr Who »

Steeevooo wrote:
Dr Who wrote:
Steeevooo wrote:
Pizza 44p
Cheese Toastie 29p
Sausage & Beans 78p
Bacon Tomato & Egg 81p
Burger and Chips 50p
So if you have the answer in front of you, why enter? Seems a bit pointless as you know the answers, whereas people like Andi etc who don't know the answers can play along with the game!
But isn’t that the hole point of a quiz, if you know the answer to a question you don't turn round and say 'its ok guys I won't enter this question as I know the answer to it'.

The same could be said about the Photo Quizzes, I know for a fact that Ping Pon will search through Google or some thing like that until he finds out what the station is.

Anyway this is now a pointless conversation as Mr Finland has already won the quiz.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Surely it is more fair if you have the answer in front of you then you shouldn't enter out of the whole spirit of things!
Just like I think that you and Ping Pon probably shouldn't enter the photo quizzes because most of the time you guys are in the photos so *should* in theory always get the correct answer, but hey ho, just my opinion!
ping pon
Zone 4

Post by ping pon »

Just to say i dont just look them up i have on about 4 when i wasnt quite sure and i just double checked my answers. i am sure others do and im sure others look at photos they have taken them selfs
One has lost the game !!!!!
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

I google my photo quiz answers - but I don't always get them right. I don't think it's that much of a problem.
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

I look for clues and then if I'm bored research it to confirm my answer for the photo quizzes. Given my current success rate though it's not really worth it!
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Just to clarify, it's not the using the web to assist answers that is the contentious issue here, I have no objection whatsoever to that.
The point that I was raising is that Dr Who knew the exact answer, solely because he had the answer in front of him! Had he researched and somehow found the answer on the internet (very unlikely for this quiz!), then I'd have no objection, but the fact that he has a photographic solution, presumably taken at the same time as Soup Dragon's, it takes away the quiz element of it for me.
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

Steeevooo wrote:Just to clarify, it's not the using the web to assist answers that is the contentious issue here, I have no objection whatsoever to that.
The point that I was raising is that Dr Who knew the exact answer, solely because he had the answer in front of him! Had he researched and somehow found the answer on the internet (very unlikely for this quiz!), then I'd have no objection, but the fact that he has a photographic solution, presumably taken at the same time as Soup Dragon's, it takes away the quiz element of it for me.
But the whole idea of a quiz is testing your resourcefulness as well as your knowledge - I bet you wouldn't complain if you entered a TV competition and won solely because you had a photo of the answer in front of you!!

Anyway - lighten up... it's all a bit of fun! :wink: