Rare Entries XXI - The Return

Can you identify a station from just a paving slab? Sadly, some people can
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Rare Entries XXI - The Return

Post by Tube Geek »

It's been ages since the last one of these, so I thought I'd do another on the subject of - Anything. Yes, another miscellaneous (it's hard thinking up new topics). Questions are:
  • 1 - A country who has won the FIFA U20 World Cup
    2 - A Justin Beiber song (can only be 'featured') that has reached No. 1 in the U.K. Charts. Clarification- as long as he was on the track, named or not, it counts
    3 - A Tudor monarch (not consort)
    4 - A U.K. Town/City with over 77,000 inhabitants
    5 - A Cube number below 1000
    6 - An element in the bottom 2 rows of the Periodic Table
    7 - An actor who appeared in 'The Tempest, (2010 version)
Answers PM'd by Friday 23rd June at 23:59:59. Good Luck!
Last edited by Tube Geek on 17 Jun 2017, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Re: Rare Entries XXI - The Return

Post by Tube Geek »

Just one thing - Queen means ruler, so no wives of kings. Sorry DavidC, you can resubmit yours!

COYR
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

I have resubmitted my entry. However I suggest that you change the question to ask for a valid "Tudor monarch (not consort)". I provided a perfectly valid Tudor queen (assuming that you don't want to invalidate it through a theological debate about Henry VIII's split with Rome).

I am intrigued that you didn't comment on the ambiguity that I highlighted on another question, but lots of the fun of this is about challenging the questions before (and the answers/scores after) the deadline :-)

DavidC
First to 100000 in the 2015+ Tumbleweed contest. Winner of a few rounds of a diverse range of quizzes/games. Some decent times in alternative challenges as a fiftysomething who merely walks briskly. Briefly led All The Actons.
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

Hi. So what was the result ?

Thanks,
DavidC
First to 100000 in the 2015+ Tumbleweed contest. Winner of a few rounds of a diverse range of quizzes/games. Some decent times in alternative challenges as a fiftysomething who merely walks briskly. Briefly led All The Actons.
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

There wasn't really one, as I only got 2 entries with no incorrect answers, so A Challenge and DavidC technically drew for 1st

COYR
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Tube Geek wrote: 26 Jun 2017, 07:26 There wasn't really one, as I only got 2 entries with no incorrect answers, so A Challenge and DavidC technically drew for 1st
Who else entered then?
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

I had subconsciously added parentheses around "with no incorrect answers" - the lack of parentheses leaves an ambiguity that you are absolutely correct to highlight.

Regardless, I'm disappointed by his downplaying of our joint success - well done AC ! For info, my answers were as follows (after revision of 3 but before seeing the revised wording for 2) :

1 - Brazil
2 - Ambiguous wording : Cold Water if you accept ones where he is merely not the first named, otherwise none if you strictly require "FT JUSTIN BIEBER" on the UK official charts website http://www.officialcharts.com/artist/60 ... in-bieber/
3 - Henry VII
4 - Eastbourne
5 - 216
6 - Gadolinium
7 - Felicity Jones
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Here are mine:
  1. West Germany
  2. Boyfriend (from Believe)
  3. Edward VI
  4. Sale (134,022)
  5. 729*
  6. Europium (Eu)**
  7. Russell Brand
* I originally submitted -64 with a note as it is less than 1000 and it is -4 cubed
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

Interesting ! Arguably West Germany actually won the FIFA World Youth Championship (subsequently renamed), but your -64 comment makes up for that :-)