Rare Entries XXI - National Rail And Non-London Metros/Trams

Can you identify a station from just a paving slab? Sadly, some people can
Post Reply
User avatar
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3609
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 19:06
Location: BS20 or BS3
Contact:

Rare Entries XXI - National Rail And Non-London Metros/Trams

Post by Tube Geek » 24 Nov 2016, 21:27

It's been a few months, so here is the next Rare Entries! And I SWEAR I won't be late with results this time....
  • 1. Name a station on the Glasgow Subway
  • 2. Name a station on the Bristol - Taunton line (GWR)
  • 3. Name a zone 1 or 2 Rail/LO station
  • 4. Name a station (Rail, Tram, etc, no London) that starts with J, Q, X, Z
  • 5. Name a station on the Sheffiled Supertram Purple Line
  • 6. Name a Subway system with an official Guinness World Record not London
  • 7. Name a station with less than 30 passengers per day in 2015
Good Luck! PM'D by 23:59 on 1st December, and I may do a Christmas one closer then...
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

Bristol City fan through and through - COME ON YOU REDS Andi Weimann is my dad

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3998
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 07:57
Location: London Waterloo

Re: Rare Entries XXI - National Rail And Non-London Metros/Trams

Post by A Challenge » 29 Nov 2016, 11:26

Tube Geek wrote:It's been a few months, so here is the next Rare Entries! And I SWEAR I won't be late with results this time....
  • 1. Name a station on the Glasgow Subway
  • 2. Name a station on the Bristol - Taunton line (GWR)
  • 3. Name a zone 1 or 2 Rail/LO station
  • 4. Name a station (Rail, Tram, etc, no London) that starts with J, Q, X, Z
  • 5. Name a station on the Sheffiled Supertram Purple Line
  • 6. Name a Subway system with an official Guinness World Record not London
  • 7. Name a station with less than 30 passengers per day in 2015
Good Luck! PM'D by 23:59 on 1st December, and I may do a Christmas one closer then...
Is 7 less than that on average, or would one where there is less than 100 users a year but 40 on the same day come not count? Also, is it the official useage figures for 14/15 or something else?
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000

User avatar
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3609
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 19:06
Location: BS20 or BS3
Contact:

Re: Rare Entries XXI - National Rail And Non-London Metros/Trams

Post by Tube Geek » 29 Nov 2016, 16:47

A Challenge wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:It's been a few months, so here is the next Rare Entries! And I SWEAR I won't be late with results this time....
  • 1. Name a station on the Glasgow Subway
  • 2. Name a station on the Bristol - Taunton line (GWR)
  • 3. Name a zone 1 or 2 Rail/LO station
  • 4. Name a station (Rail, Tram, etc, no London) that starts with J, Q, X, Z
  • 5. Name a station on the Sheffiled Supertram Purple Line
  • 6. Name a Subway system with an official Guinness World Record not London
  • 7. Name a station with less than 30 passengers per day in 2015
Good Luck! PM'D by 23:59 on 1st December, and I may do a Christmas one closer then...
Is 7 less than that on average, or would one where there is less than 100 users a year but 40 on the same day come not count? Also, is it the official useage figures for 14/15 or something else?
Less than that on ave., and official figures 14/15, yes
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

Bristol City fan through and through - COME ON YOU REDS Andi Weimann is my dad

User avatar
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3609
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 19:06
Location: BS20 or BS3
Contact:

Re: Rare Entries XXI - National Rail And Non-London Metros/Trams

Post by Tube Geek » 02 Dec 2016, 07:46

Right.....

Only 2 entries, will keep it open until 8th
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

Bristol City fan through and through - COME ON YOU REDS Andi Weimann is my dad

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3998
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 07:57
Location: London Waterloo

Re: Rare Entries XXI - National Rail And Non-London Metros/Trams

Post by A Challenge » 02 Dec 2016, 17:11

Tube Geek wrote:Right.....

Only 2 entries, will keep it open until 8th
I presume that is counting mine, even though it was "late"?
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000

User avatar
Steeevooo
All Zones
Posts: 1068
Joined: 14 Jul 2005, 11:23
Location: Rainham, Essex

Re: Rare Entries XXI - National Rail And Non-London Metros/Trams

Post by Steeevooo » 19 Dec 2016, 10:50

Tube Geek wrote:And I SWEAR I won't be late with results this time....
Just as well you only swore and didn't promise really isn't it...

User avatar
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3609
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 19:06
Location: BS20 or BS3
Contact:

Re: Rare Entries XXI - National Rail And Non-London Metros/Trams

Post by Tube Geek » 19 Dec 2016, 12:37

Steeevooo wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:And I SWEAR I won't be late with results this time....
Just as well you only swore and didn't promise really isn't it...
Well, i apologise for having an education. And you know what - i don't actually care about what people think about this quiz. I'll post answers and you can work them out yourselves
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

Bristol City fan through and through - COME ON YOU REDS Andi Weimann is my dad

User avatar
Steeevooo
All Zones
Posts: 1068
Joined: 14 Jul 2005, 11:23
Location: Rainham, Essex

Re: Rare Entries XXI - National Rail And Non-London Metros/Trams

Post by Steeevooo » 23 Dec 2016, 21:42

Tube Geek wrote:
Steeevooo wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:And I SWEAR I won't be late with results this time....
Just as well you only swore and didn't promise really isn't it...
I'll post answers and you can work them out yourselves
Or maybe you won't. Not nice being found out to be a liar is it?

Oh, and pretty sure your education (scrambling around for excuses) won't be impacted by now.

Merry Christmas all!

User avatar
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3609
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 19:06
Location: BS20 or BS3
Contact:

Re: Rare Entries XXI - National Rail And Non-London Metros/Trams

Post by Tube Geek » 23 Dec 2016, 22:29

Steeevooo wrote:
Tube Geek wrote: I'll post answers and you can work them out yourselves
Or maybe you won't. Not nice being found out to be a liar is it?!
:D
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

Bristol City fan through and through - COME ON YOU REDS Andi Weimann is my dad

Post Reply