Grumbleweed Game Thread: Game XI

Can you identify a station from just a paving slab? Sadly, some people can
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Re: Grumbleweed Game Thread: Game XI

Post by GuyBarry »

I'm now back and everything has been resolved amicably. Sorry for abandoning that last game - I think AC was on course for victory anyway.

I'm happy for AC to start another game but I wish TG would stop throwing points away. It doesn't feel like a genuine competition when one of your opponents is intent on scoring as many own goals as possible.
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

GuyBarry wrote:I'm now back and everything has been resolved amicably. Sorry for abandoning that last game - I think AC was on course for victory anyway.

I'm happy for AC to start another game but I wish TG would stop throwing points away. It doesn't feel like a genuine competition when one of your opponents is intent on scoring as many own goals as possible.
It would be nice to see TG try - he may win that way! New game (XII) will be started tomorrow morning between 07:00 and 08:15, unless I get an objection. On the subject of returning, I really should go back onto the RailUK forum, as I haven't been on due to homework and the fact that if I access it from school it eats my mobile data!
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

I have an objection!...

I was planning on taking a bit of a break as well (apart from Tubleweed, duh), so of course can't exactly play.... Should be back in a couple of weeks though
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

OK, let's leave it for a while then.

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Tube Geek wrote:I have an objection!...

I was planning on taking a bit of a break as well (apart from Tubleweed, duh), so of course can't exactly play.... Should be back in a couple of weeks though
Do we wait a couple of weeks' and start just before Christmas, or do we do just wait to the new year.

I came up with the idea of doing a Grumbleweed ( or Nimbleweed) Christmas special, and have it be a special two-week version, covering Christmas and the new year. I sillier idea I came up with was that whatever game we are playing, whether it be a Christmas special or not, we don't have downtime on the 31st December/1st January to celebrate the new year?

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

A Challenge wrote:

Do we wait a couple of weeks' and start just before Christmas, or do we do just wait to the new year.

I came up with the idea of doing a Grumbleweed ( or Nimbleweed) Christmas special, and have it be a special two-week version, covering Christmas and the new year. I sillier idea I came up with was that whatever game we are playing, whether it be a Christmas special or not, we don't have downtime on the 31st December/1st January to celebrate the new year?
You know what - i won't take the break until January, so we can play your special version with no downtime... :)

COYR
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Tube Geek wrote:
A Challenge wrote:

You know what - i won't take the break until January, so we can play your special version with no downtime... :)
There is only one there, in two weeks, unless we remove them all, unless we decide to remove all of them.

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

I'll probably be away for Christmas Eve/Christmas Day and also for the night of New Year's Eve.

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

GuyBarry wrote:I'll probably be away for Christmas Eve/Christmas Day and also for the night of New Year's Eve.
Are we going to do this, and when will the the next game be?

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

I wouldn't be able to compete properly in a game played over Christmas/New Year, so I'd rather have the next game before then. But if TG wants a break then I'm happy to wait.

Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

Let's start a new game in the New Year.... Game "NY" ;)

COYR
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

OK, we'll start again in January then.