Grumbleweed Game Thread: Game XI

Can you identify a station from just a paving slab? Sadly, some people can
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Re: Grumbleweed Game Thread: Game X

Post by Tube Geek »

I do get them now, and prefer gw. But ok, I'll start nw
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

GuyBarry wrote:Well that's one vote for Nimbleweed, one for Grumbleweed. Looks like I get the casting vote, and since Tube Geek doesn't appear to understand the rules of Grumbleweed I vote we go back to Nimbleweed - although we will need to work out how to resolve a stalemate.
Play with three people, of course, then it won't stalemate. Or (even as well) use a 18 hour real or playing time limit, after which the same person can post.
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

A Challenge wrote:
GuyBarry wrote:Well that's one vote for Nimbleweed, one for Grumbleweed. Looks like I get the casting vote, and since Tube Geek doesn't appear to understand the rules of Grumbleweed I vote we go back to Nimbleweed - although we will need to work out how to resolve a stalemate.
Play with three people, of course, then it won't stalemate. Or (even as well) use a 18 hour real or playing time limit, after which the same person can post.
That 18h thing is already in use in NW

COYR
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Tube Geek wrote:
A Challenge wrote:
I don't think we had it in the last game - instead we had a rule allowing players to claim again after an unsuccessful claim, but it didn't solve the problem. The game before that (which I won) had the 18-hour rule, but it was a highly unsatisfactory game and I wouldn't want to repeat it.

As AC says, as long as we always have three players we can avoid a stalemate. How about a rule saying that if three different players don't claim within a 24-hour period, the game is declared void?
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

GuyBarry wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:
A Challenge wrote:
I don't think we had it in the last game - instead we had a rule allowing players to claim again after an unsuccessful claim, but it didn't solve the problem. The game before that (which I won) had the 18-hour rule, but it was a highly unsatisfactory game and I wouldn't want to repeat it.

As AC says, as long as we always have three players we can avoid a stalemate. How about a rule saying that if three different players don't claim within a 24-hour period, the game is declared void?
That will work, as long as I remember to post not just in the early morning! I will try, I am going to put in an ongoing reminder so I don't forget!

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Re: Grumbleweed Game Thread: Game XI

Post by GuyBarry »

Who's going to start the next game then? Game X was won by TG, but we've also had a (very short) game on the c4countdown forum, won by AC (due to my catastrophically bad play).

In response to AC's comments on c4c[*] about getting muddled between Grumbleweed and Nimbleweed, how about reserving "points" for Grumbleweed and calling them something else in Nimbleweed? Ticks? Pointlets? Nims?

[*]I keep thinking "c4c" must be a train operating company.

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Re: Grumbleweed Game Thread: Game XI

Post by Tube Geek »

GuyBarry wrote:Who's going to start the next game then? Game X was won by TG, but we've also had a (very short) game on the c4countdown forum, won by AC (due to my catastrophically bad play).

In response to AC's comments on c4c[*] about getting muddled between Grumbleweed and Nimbleweed, how about reserving "points" for Grumbleweed and calling them something else in Nimbleweed? Ticks? Pointlets? Nims?

[*]I keep thinking "c4c" must be a train operating company.
Grumbles on Grumbleweed, Nimbles on Nimbleweed

COYR
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

AC AND GB

I haven't started a new game as I wont be able to play. This is because my school has new WiFi which has BLOCKED the forum. Yes, BLOCKED!

COYR
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Tube Geek wrote:AC AND GB

I haven't started a new game as I wont be able to play. This is because my school has new WiFi which has BLOCKED the forum. Yes, BLOCKED!
Is it all forums or just this one? Also, could you turn it off temporarily and use Mobile Data just for that if you have it, and then turn it back on (the Wifi on your phone of course, jot the school system!).

Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

A Challenge wrote:

Is it all forums or just this one? Also, could you turn it off temporarily and use Mobile Data just for that if you have it, and then turn it back on (the Wifi on your phone of course, jot the school system!).
All (c4c...) and Diamond Geezer...

And I don't bring my phone, I bring my iPod with no data...

COYR
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Tube Geek wrote:
A Challenge wrote:

All (c4c...) and Diamond Geezer...

And I don't bring my phone, I bring my iPod with no data...
Well then, only take your phone when there is a game in progress then, and only turn on your data when you need it!

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

I won't be able to play tomorrow anyway, because they're doing maintenance work in my street which could disrupt my broadband. Also I'm busy with a choir performance on Saturday, so I'm in no rush to get started again.

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

We start on Sunday or Monday then?

Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

A Challenge wrote:We start on Sunday or Monday then?
Tomorrow is fine, I just won't play as much. But then again GB..Monday. And who's starting?

COYR
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Tube Geek wrote: Tomorrow is fine, I just won't play as much. But then again GB..Monday. And who's starting?
Monday would be better for me, I think. Let's ignore the game we played on c4c and start the next game as game XI, with TG to start.