Postsnap

Can you identify a station from just a paving slab? Sadly, some people can
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 5376
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 08:24

Re: Postsnap

Post by GuyBarry » 02 Oct 2016, 09:02

Well, you both missed it!
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games

User avatar
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3609
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 19:06
Location: BS20 or BS3
Contact:

Re: Postsnap

Post by Tube Geek » 02 Oct 2016, 09:56

GuyBarry wrote:Well, you both missed it!
Damn showers
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

Bristol City fan through and through - COME ON YOU REDS Andi Weimann is my dad

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3998
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 07:57
Location: London Waterloo

Re: Postsnap

Post by A Challenge » 02 Oct 2016, 09:59

We probably wont win the will we?
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000

User avatar
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3609
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 19:06
Location: BS20 or BS3
Contact:

Re: Postsnap

Post by Tube Geek » 02 Oct 2016, 10:09

A Challenge wrote:We probably wont win the will we?
No

Concede?????
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

Bristol City fan through and through - COME ON YOU REDS Andi Weimann is my dad

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 5376
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 08:24

Re: Postsnap

Post by GuyBarry » 02 Oct 2016, 10:37

Don't give in yet! You've got plenty more chances to make up the deficit.
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 5376
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 08:24

Re: Postsnap

Post by GuyBarry » 03 Oct 2016, 09:06

Well, once again no one went for the biggie (I wasn't allowed to of course), so the scores remain at GB 64, AC 12, TG 4.

If no one else makes any attempts then I'm just going to end up winning by default when the game ends on Thursday morning.
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 5376
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 08:24

Re: Postsnap

Post by GuyBarry » 04 Oct 2016, 09:06

There's now only one more chance to get the 50 points, just after 10am tomorrow. Unless someone goes for that I don't think I can realistically be beaten.
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games

User avatar
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3609
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 19:06
Location: BS20 or BS3
Contact:

Re: Postsnap

Post by Tube Geek » 04 Oct 2016, 12:02

GuyBarry wrote:There's now only one more chance to get the 50 points, just after 10am tomorrow. Unless someone goes for that I don't think I can realistically be beaten.
I can't go for it! I have lessons at 10!
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

Bristol City fan through and through - COME ON YOU REDS Andi Weimann is my dad

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 5376
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 08:24

Re: Postsnap

Post by GuyBarry » 04 Oct 2016, 17:07

Tube Geek wrote:
GuyBarry wrote:There's now only one more chance to get the 50 points, just after 10am tomorrow. Unless someone goes for that I don't think I can realistically be beaten.
I can't go for it! I have lessons at 10!
So unless AC can do it I've won then?
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3998
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 07:57
Location: London Waterloo

Re: Postsnap

Post by A Challenge » 04 Oct 2016, 20:36

GuyBarry wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:
GuyBarry wrote:There's now only one more chance to get the 50 points, just after 10am tomorrow. Unless someone goes for that I don't think I can realistically be beaten.
I can't go for it! I have lessons at 10!
So unless AC can do it I've won then?
I do as well! Concede?
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000

User avatar
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3609
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 19:06
Location: BS20 or BS3
Contact:

Re: Postsnap

Post by Tube Geek » 05 Oct 2016, 06:39

A Challenge wrote:
GuyBarry wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:
GuyBarry wrote:There's now only one more chance to get the 50 points, just after 10am tomorrow. Unless someone goes for that I don't think I can realistically be beaten.
I can't go for it! I have lessons at 10!
So unless AC can do it I've won then?
I do as well! Concede?
Concede......
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

Bristol City fan through and through - COME ON YOU REDS Andi Weimann is my dad

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3998
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 07:57
Location: London Waterloo

Re: Postsnap

Post by A Challenge » 05 Oct 2016, 07:35

Tube Geek wrote:
A Challenge wrote:
GuyBarry wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:
GuyBarry wrote:There's now only one more chance to get the 50 points, just after 10am tomorrow. Unless someone goes for that I don't think I can realistically be beaten.
I can't go for it! I have lessons at 10!
So unless AC can do it I've won then?
I do as well! Concede?
Concede......
We concede then! GuyBarry has won. The problem is that at 10:03 or whenever we are in lessons!
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 5376
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 08:24

Re: Postsnap

Post by GuyBarry » 05 Oct 2016, 07:47

A Challenge wrote: We concede then! GuyBarry has won. The problem is that at 10:03 or whenever we are in lessons!
Ah well, that does give me a bit of an unfair advantage then! Thanks for conceding.

That's probably put an end to Postsnap (in its current form anyway). We could maybe go back to Timesnap, but with the Postsnap scoring system (1/2/5/10/20/50 points for 1/2/3/4/5/6 digits matched - so you'd need to wait 24 hours to get the maximum score). What do you reckon?
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games

User avatar
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3609
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 19:06
Location: BS20 or BS3
Contact:

Re: Postsnap

Post by Tube Geek » 05 Oct 2016, 09:54

GuyBarry wrote:
A Challenge wrote: We concede then! GuyBarry has won. The problem is that at 10:03 or whenever we are in lessons!
Ah well, that does give me a bit of an unfair advantage then! Thanks for conceding.

That's probably put an end to Postsnap (in its current form anyway). We could maybe go back to Timesnap, but with the Postsnap scoring system (1/2/5/10/20/50 points for 1/2/3/4/5/6 digits matched - so you'd need to wait 24 hours to get the maximum score). What do you reckon?
Back to Grumbleweed!
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

Bristol City fan through and through - COME ON YOU REDS Andi Weimann is my dad

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 5376
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 08:24

Re: Postsnap

Post by GuyBarry » 05 Oct 2016, 11:03

Tube Geek wrote: Back to Grumbleweed!
If we go back to Grumbleweed, should we time it to the minute or the second? For instance, if I claim 1 point at 11:59:59, should the claim expire at 12:00:00 or at 12:00:59?
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games

Post Reply