Postsnap

Can you identify a station from just a paving slab? Sadly, some people can
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Re: Postsnap

Post by Tube Geek »

Damn. I'm keeping that on as I didn't use any kind of site, just pure guess work
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Tube Geek wrote:Damn. I'm keeping that on as I didn't use any kind of site, just pure guess work
Well you lose another 5 points then! Why didn't you delete it?
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

And at the end of this not very gripping contest the scores are GB 7, AC 2, TG -10, making me the winner (for what it's worth).

Tube Geek: as with Timesnap, you're meant to delete unsuccessful "snaps" before the next post comes in, otherwise you lose points. If you make the next post yourself you've only yourself to blame!

Not really sure what to do about this game. Perhaps we should leave it for a while and give it another trial run when the post counter gets to 100000?

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

GuyBarry wrote:And at the end of this not very gripping contest the scores are GB 7, AC 2, TG -10, making me the winner (for what it's worth).

Tube Geek: as with Timesnap, you're meant to delete unsuccessful "snaps" before the next post comes in, otherwise you lose points. If you make the next post yourself you've only yourself to blame!

Not really sure what to do about this game. Perhaps we should leave it for a while and give it another trial run when the post counter gets to 100000?
140 to go as of yours!
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

A Challenge wrote:
GuyBarry wrote: Not really sure what to do about this game. Perhaps we should leave it for a while and give it another trial run when the post counter gets to 100000?
140 to go as of yours!
Only 132 as of yours!

Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

121 as of that!

shall i just make ''spamming thread''?

COYR
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Tube Geek wrote:121 as of that!
Your arithmetic is terrible! You're 10 out again.
shall i just make ''spamming thread''?
I think a thread entirely consisting of "how many posts to go until 100000" could rival the original Counting thread for sheer tedium :wink:

Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

GuyBarry wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:121 as of that!
Your arithmetic is terrible! You're 10 out again.
That was a typo that time

COYR
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Tube Geek wrote: That was a typo that time
OK, I believe you! :wink:

The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

The original counting thread went 1, 2, 1, 7, closed though - and the second one was pretty interesting to be honest!

On the subject of post counts, the eleven most prolific posters (I am at number 12, the most prolific under 2500, so you could say everyone above 2500 posts) have between them made 47324 posts - very nearly half of all posts on the forum! Adding my own twelfth place comfortably tips this over half to 49753.

The four most prolific posters (Tubeguru, Going Underground, GuyBarry and Palkanetoijala31) have between them 25660 posts. But then, you'd expect that kind of proportion.
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

The Orange One wrote:The original counting thread went 1, 2, 1, 7, closed though - and the second one was pretty interesting to be honest!

On the subject of post counts, the eleven most prolific posters (I am at number 12, the most prolific under 2500, so you could say everyone above 2500 posts) have between them made 47324 posts - very nearly half of all posts on the forum! Adding my own twelfth place comfortably tips this over half to 49753.

The four most prolific posters (Tubeguru, Going Underground, GuyBarry and Palkanetoijala31) have between them 25660 posts. But then, you'd expect that kind of proportion.
What happened to the old counting threads? Did they just get deleted or are they buried in the backpages of the quizzes and games forum?

Anyway, see http://www.tubechallenge.com/forum/view ... f=9&t=3360
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

The Orange One wrote: The four most prolific posters (Tubeguru, Going Underground, GuyBarry and Palkanetoijala31) have between them 25660 posts.
Am I really the third most prolific poster? Given that I've only completed one (extremely non-standard) Tube Challenge, that shows how much time I waste on silly games!
A Challenge wrote: What happened to the old counting threads? Did they just get deleted or are they buried in the backpages of the quizzes and games forum?
This is my recollection, although it's all a bit shrouded in mystery now.

After the "1, 2, 1, 7" thread (started by tractakid) there was one started by nozzacook that got up to 431 - initially just numbers in sequence, then people started adding little facts to make it less boring. It got bogged down in a number of squabbles about the rules and was eventually locked by tubeguru. Then he started his own version of the game, starting at 1 again, but people rebelled and started counting from 432 instead. At this point, in a fit of pique, he deleted all the counting threads. Eventually we agreed on a new version of the game starting from 432, although it actually started from 433. (To the best of my recollection, there has never been an "official" post for 432.)

I never imagined it'd still be going at 2626!

Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

The Orange One wrote:The original counting thread went 1, 2, 1, 7, closed though - and the second one was pretty interesting to be honest!

Where am I on that list?

COYR
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

GuyBarry wrote:
The Orange One wrote: The four most prolific posters (Tubeguru, Going Underground, GuyBarry and Palkanetoijala31) have between them 25660 posts.
Am I really the third most prolific poster? Given that I've only completed one (extremely non-standard) Tube Challenge, that shows how much time I waste on silly games!
Yes, you are - though you have another 2600-ish posts to go if you want to catch up with where GU is now, let alone where he'll be when you finally churn enough posts out.
GuyBarry wrote:
A Challenge wrote: What happened to the old counting threads? Did they just get deleted or are they buried in the backpages of the quizzes and games forum?
This is my recollection, although it's all a bit shrouded in mystery now.

After the "1, 2, 1, 7" thread (started by tractakid) there was one started by nozzacook that got up to 431 - initially just numbers in sequence, then people started adding little facts to make it less boring. It got bogged down in a number of squabbles about the rules and was eventually locked by tubeguru. Then he started his own version of the game, starting at 1 again, but people rebelled and started counting from 432 instead. At this point, in a fit of pique, he deleted all the counting threads. Eventually we agreed on a new version of the game starting from 432, although it actually started from 433. (To the best of my recollection, there has never been an "official" post for 432.)

I never imagined it'd still be going at 2626!
I can't believe there have been more counting thread posts than posts I've ever made (my count stands at 2430 with this latest one)! Given I joined the forum around the time nozzacook's thread started, that means the Counting posts have been churned out faster than I have churned out posts of any type, which is terrifying!
Tube Geek wrote:Where am I on that list?
You've only been here for a few months, what are you expecting?
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

The Orange One wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:Where am I on that list?
You've only been here for a few months, what are you expecting?
I've been here 3 years longer than you but posted more apparently. so 11th?

COYR