Nimbleweed Game Thread - Current Game XIV

Can you identify a station from just a paving slab? Sadly, some people can
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 5377
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 08:24

Re: Nimbleweed Game Thread - Current Game XIV

Post by GuyBarry » 11 Nov 2016, 17:03

I've just had an idea - why don't we reduce the maximum claim? Then perhaps there wouldn't be so many unrealistic claims, and there'd be more of a genuine competition. Maybe bring it down to 180 points?
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3998
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 07:57
Location: London Waterloo

Re: Nimbleweed Game Thread - Current Game XIV

Post by A Challenge » 11 Nov 2016, 17:09

GuyBarry wrote:I've just had an idea - why don't we reduce the maximum claim? Then perhaps there wouldn't be so many unrealistic claims, and there'd be more of a genuine competition. Maybe bring it down to 180 points?
I think you will find my 270 was realistic this morning, as I know hardly ever is there anyone else on before 07:00! That does have some sense, anyway.
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 5377
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 08:24

Re: Nimbleweed Game Thread - Current Game XIV

Post by GuyBarry » 11 Nov 2016, 17:25

A Challenge wrote:
GuyBarry wrote:I've just had an idea - why don't we reduce the maximum claim? Then perhaps there wouldn't be so many unrealistic claims, and there'd be more of a genuine competition. Maybe bring it down to 180 points?
I think you will find my 270 was realistic this morning, as I know hardly ever is there anyone else on before 07:00! That does have some sense, anyway.
I do sometimes get up early you know...

It's up to you really - you won the last game so you get to start the next one. We need three committed players for the game to work. I just want a rule that will stop Tube Geek from making lots of silly claims and then giving up.

Alternatively, we could recruit a new player. Anyone else interested?
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games

User avatar
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3609
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 19:06
Location: BS20 or BS3
Contact:

Re: Nimbleweed Game Thread - Current Game XIV

Post by Tube Geek » 11 Nov 2016, 19:50

GuyBarry wrote:
A Challenge wrote:
GuyBarry wrote:I've just had an idea - why don't we reduce the maximum claim? Then perhaps there wouldn't be so many unrealistic claims, and there'd be more of a genuine competition. Maybe bring it down to 180 points?
I think you will find my 270 was realistic this morning, as I know hardly ever is there anyone else on before 07:00! That does have some sense, anyway.
I do sometimes get up early you know...

It's up to you really - you won the last game so you get to start the next one. We need three committed players for the game to work. I just want a rule that will stop Tube Geek from making lots of silly claims and then giving up.

Alternatively, we could recruit a new player. Anyone else interested?
Post in the Announcements Forum
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

Bristol City fan through and through - COME ON YOU REDS Andi Weimann is my dad

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 5377
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 08:24

Re: Nimbleweed Game Thread - Current Game XIV

Post by GuyBarry » 11 Nov 2016, 20:16

Tube Geek wrote:
Post in the Announcements Forum
Only administrators can post in that forum!
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games

User avatar
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3609
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 19:06
Location: BS20 or BS3
Contact:

Re: Nimbleweed Game Thread - Current Game XIV

Post by Tube Geek » 12 Nov 2016, 08:15

GuyBarry wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:
Post in the Announcements Forum
Only administrators can post in that forum!
Eh?

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

Bristol City fan through and through - COME ON YOU REDS Andi Weimann is my dad

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 5377
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 08:24

Re: Nimbleweed Game Thread - Current Game XIV

Post by GuyBarry » 12 Nov 2016, 08:54

Well I can't see a way of posting an announcement. Ordinary members can post in the "topics" section of "Rail Replacement Bus Service", but not in the "announcements" section as far as I know - certainly no one except tubeguru has posted there.

Anyway, I've got nothing to announce!
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 5377
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 08:24

Re: Nimbleweed Game Thread - Current Game XIV

Post by GuyBarry » 12 Nov 2016, 09:02

Oh, another comment while I think of it:
Tube Geek wrote:Back to Grumbleweed once more???
That wouldn't solve the problem - it's just as possible to get into a stalemate in Grumbleweed when there are only two players. The reason why it hasn't happened is that you haven't withdrawn from Grumbleweed recently!
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3998
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 07:57
Location: London Waterloo

Re: Nimbleweed Game Thread - Current Game XIV

Post by A Challenge » 13 Nov 2016, 15:19

Tube Geek wrote:
GuyBarry wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:
Post in the Announcements Forum
Only administrators can post in that forum!
Eh?

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
That made me wonder as well.


NEW PLAYERS PLEASE!
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 5377
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 08:24

Re: Nimbleweed Game Thread - Current Game XIV

Post by GuyBarry » 13 Nov 2016, 18:55

A Challenge wrote:
NEW PLAYERS PLEASE!
Grumbleweed/Nimbleweed probably only appeals to people who log in frequently. I wonder if there's somewhere else we can take it? I really like the concept, but it's hard finding people with that degree of commitment.
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3998
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 07:57
Location: London Waterloo

Re: Nimbleweed Game Thread - Current Game XIV

Post by A Challenge » 14 Nov 2016, 06:28

GuyBarry wrote:
A Challenge wrote:
NEW PLAYERS PLEASE!
Grumbleweed/Nimbleweed probably only appeals to people who log in frequently. I wonder if there's somewhere else we can take it? I really like the concept, but it's hard finding people with that degree of commitment.
What do you mean somewhere else we can take it?
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 5377
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 08:24

Re: Nimbleweed Game Thread - Current Game XIV

Post by GuyBarry » 14 Nov 2016, 08:05

A Challenge wrote: What do you mean somewhere else we can take it?
I wondered if there was another forum somewhere where the game might be more popular.
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games

User avatar
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3609
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 19:06
Location: BS20 or BS3
Contact:

Re: Nimbleweed Game Thread - Current Game XIV

Post by Tube Geek » 14 Nov 2016, 13:17

GuyBarry wrote:
A Challenge wrote: What do you mean somewhere else we can take it?
I wondered if there was another forum somewhere where the game might be more popular.
c4c forum?
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

Bristol City fan through and through - COME ON YOU REDS Andi Weimann is my dad

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 5377
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 08:24

Re: Nimbleweed Game Thread - Current Game XIV

Post by GuyBarry » 14 Nov 2016, 13:52

Tube Geek wrote:
GuyBarry wrote:
A Challenge wrote: What do you mean somewhere else we can take it?
I wondered if there was another forum somewhere where the game might be more popular.
c4c forum?
You mean the Countdown forum? I think I've still got a login there, though I haven't used it for a long time. Might be worth a go I suppose - it's about numbers after all!
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games

User avatar
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3609
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 19:06
Location: BS20 or BS3
Contact:

Re: Nimbleweed Game Thread - Current Game XIV

Post by Tube Geek » 14 Nov 2016, 15:21

GuyBarry wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:
GuyBarry wrote:
A Challenge wrote: What do you mean somewhere else we can take it?
I wondered if there was another forum somewhere where the game might be more popular.
c4c forum?
You mean the Countdown forum? I think I've still got a login there, though I haven't used it for a long time. Might be worth a go I suppose - it's about numbers after all!
Yes, that one, since me and AC are on it. Are you GuyBarry on that, too?
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

Bristol City fan through and through - COME ON YOU REDS Andi Weimann is my dad

Post Reply