Nimbleweed Game Thread - Current Game XIV

Can you identify a station from just a paving slab? Sadly, some people can
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Re: Nimbleweed III

Post by A Challenge »

What? I was!

12 Points

edit: yes, I wasn't on the listings as I hadn't checked for 5 (20) minutes, but I then I did, and got your (two) claims!
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

See! So you get why I thought you weren't on!

12 points
in the hope that you take so long to read this extremely long sentence 2 minutes passes before you can post, by which point my 12 points will have succeeded!
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

That sentance is long but I was not able to reply. How about this for a complete and utter waste of time sentance!

15 Points

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

(That was a very short sentence.)
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

OK then:

Quantum mechanics (QM; also known as quantum physics or quantum theory), including quantum field theory, is a fundamental branch of physics concerned with processes involving, for example, atoms and photons. In such processes, said to be quantized, the action has been observed to be only in integer multiples of the Planck constant. This is utterly inexplicable in classical physics.

Quantum mechanics gradually arose from Max Planck's solution in 1900 to the black-body radiation problem (reported 1859) and Albert Einstein's 1905 paper which offered a quantum-based theory to explain the photoelectric effect (reported 1887). Early quantum theory was profoundly reconceived in the mid-1920s.

The reconceived theory is formulated in various specially developed mathematical formalisms. In one of them, a mathematical function, the wave function, provides information about the probability amplitude of position, momentum, and other physical properties of a particle.

Important applications of quantum mechanical theory[1] include superconducting magnets, light-emitting diodes and the laser, the transistor and semiconductors such as the microprocessor, medical and research imaging such as magnetic resonance imaging and electron microscopy, and explanations for many biological and physical phenomena.

Thanks Wikipedia!

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Hmm. That post didn't contain a claim or a spoiler or a comment relevant to the game, and so it's technically against the rules, although there's no penalty for it...

3 points

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

It did, you complained that my post wasn't long enough, so I posted that, on Quantum Physics!

12 Points

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Scores now, then!

AC: 493
TG: 255
GB: 150

Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

ANTIDISESTABLISHMENTARIANISM POWER! AntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianismAntidisestablishmentarianism

12 points

COYR
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

What a waste of time!

20 Points

Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

6 points

COYR
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

6 Points

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

A Challenge wrote:you complained that my post wasn't long enough
No I didn't!

6 points

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

3 Points

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

3 points