I shall now, at 06:05:59 declare this, the second round of NimbleweedGuyBarry wrote:Here's a first draft. The parts I've changed are in bold - let me know if I've missed anything.
(1) Subject to the rules below, any player can post a claim for points at any time, in the form "X point(s)" where X is any positive integer from 1 to 360. The player starting the game may not make the first claim. The claim must appear in a separate line from any other material in the post.
(2) Claims are scored as follows:
All posts in the thread are deemed to "stop the clock", apart from those during "downtime" (see rule 7). Time differences are calculated according to the timestamp on the post, in seconds (use the "H:i:s" option in the User Control Panel).
- If the time difference between a claim for X points and the next post in the thread is (10 * X) seconds or more, the player making the claim gains X points.
- If the time difference is less than (10 * X) seconds and the next post is made by a different player, the player making the next post gains X points.
- If the time difference is less than (10 * X) seconds and the next post is made by the same player, then they lose the points.
(3) No player may make two successive claims for points without another valid claim between them. Consecutive posts by the same player are allowed as long as they are not both claims.
(4) There is no score or penalty for invalid claims.
(5) Scores, comments and queries relevant to the game may be posted in the thread. They stop the clock like all other posts. They may be included in claim posts as long as the claim appears on a separate line. If a player wishes to stop the clock without making a claim or making a comment, he/she can simply post "spoiler" or something similar.
(6) Editing of claims is forbidden. Any player found to have edited a claim will forfeit 360 points plus the number of points that appear in the claim (if any), irrespective of the time of the next post. Editing of lines that do not contain claims is permitted.
(7) The period of time from 00:00:00 to 05:59:59 inclusive is regarded as "downtime" and all claims within this period are regarded as invalid. Posts during downtime do not stop the clock. If the expiry time of a claim would otherwise fall within this period, then 6 hours is added to the expiry time. E.g. a claim of 120 points made at 23:50:00 is deemed to expire at 06:10:00 the next day, not 00:10:00.
(8) To win the game, a player must do one of the following:
The winning-post is deemed to have been passed as soon as the allotted time is reached. E.g. if a player is on 1740 points and claims 60 points, then that player is deemed to have won as soon as 10 minutes have passed without another post.
- gain a total of 1800 points;
- gain a lead of 600 points over the second-placed player;
- be in the lead when exactly 7 days have passed after the start of the game.