Rare Entries Quiz VI - Airlines

Can you identify a station from just a paving slab? Sadly, some people can
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Re: Rare Entries Quiz VI - Airlines

Post by tubeguru »

He's got a point ...
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

tubeguru wrote:He's got a point ...
I think it does depend.

I did feel pretty bad marking some of the answers as incorrect, because as you and tractakid say, the main source for these quizzes (i.e. Wikipedia) was giving out erroneous information.

For me I suppose it boils down to whether this quiz is actually a quiz. You can either have a quiz where questions are given that have some difficulty and entrants have to spend a bit of time researching their answer. The other option is this is just a game to give the least popular answer. If that is the case why not just say pick a number between 1 and 5 and the person with the answer given by the least others wins.

I have seen this style of quiz on a number of other forums and both easier and harder style questions seem to work. Tbh though I didn't really think it was particularly difficult. So long as the questions were read correctly there is little room for error. What errors left from Wikipedia are very easily solved through a quick Googleing (all the fact checking for the answers took no more than a minute for each question).

I think one problem however was I tried to word my questions in such a way as to avoid loopholes. What this did in the end though was give me little leeway to give some entrants to benefit of the doubt.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Congrats to the Guru beating me at my own game....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold