Aerial Photo of Station Thing Quiz #9

Can you identify a station from just a paving slab? Sadly, some people can
tangy
Site Administrator

Re: Aerial Photo of Station Thing Quiz #9

Post by tangy »

Starkey7 wrote:Would more people use it if it had a half-decent service?
Why do you think bus route 234 between Trowbridge and Chippenham is double deck!
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I believe the new franchise makes provision for an improved service over the line, but that probably means one extra train an hour or something. If that.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Tubeguru, since there's only one train per day, that would be a huge improvement.
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

Starkey7 wrote:Tubeguru, since there's only one train per day, that would be a huge improvement.
Absolutely! About a 1,200% improvement!
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

In other Melksham related news, Tony Nicklinson has starved himself to death. I think the situation was tragic, and it was sad that he was unable to get any satisfaction from life. I do think, however, that assisted suicide is unacceptable. I think, as it is impossible to know precisely what happens after death, any deliberate termination of life by humans is unacceptable and is messing with an area that should be left untouched. No-one should should have the job to cause something with completely unknown consequences on another person.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

I know it's been nearly three years since a post in this thread, but last week (on election day), I made the journey over this line. Well, two journeys actually; one from Chippenham to Melksham, then later, from Melksham to Westbury. As this competition was still in my memory, and the 'infrequent' service was talked about, I was keen to do so.

And I'm very pleased to report that there are now many more services along this line, and the TransWilts Line carries many passengers! Only a single coach train at the moment, but it was almost full to capacity. Good news!