Rare Entries Quiz XI

Can you identify a station from just a paving slab? Sadly, some people can
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Re: Rare Entries Quiz XI

Post by tractakid »

I didn't enter this one, as I wouldn't have been able to choose answers with skill, as I know very little about the subject. Looking forward to the next one.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Wikipedia had all the answers. I knew nothing about a previous one, so I looked up the answers and chose one.

I don't see this quiz as a test of knowledge; I see it as a way of encouraging people to look up stuff and educate themselves a little. You can't cheat at this quiz, as a wrong answer will penalise you.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

tubeguru wrote:Wikipedia had all the answers. I knew nothing about a previous one, so I looked up the answers and chose one.

I don't see this quiz as a test of knowledge; I see it as a way of encouraging people to look up stuff and educate themselves a little. You can't cheat at this quiz, as a wrong answer will penalise you.
Yeah, but its not fun doing it like that. The fun in doing these quizes is choosing an answer, utilising resources where necessary, based on subject knowledge and predicting other people's responses, neither of which I'd have been able to attempt this time round.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

tractakid wrote:
tubeguru wrote:Wikipedia had all the answers. I knew nothing about a previous one, so I looked up the answers and chose one.

Yeah, but its not fun doing it like that. The fun in doing these quizes is choosing an answer, utilising resources where necessary, based on subject knowledge and predicting other people's responses, neither of which I'd have been able to attempt this time round.
Without knowing who's entered how can you predict their knowledge base or their answers.
If you look at the answers to the last quiz some of the obvious answers actually got the lowest scores.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.