Not a photo quiz - but a video quiz!

Can you identify a station from just a paving slab? Sadly, some people can
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

Not a photo quiz - but a video quiz!

Post by Mitchell&BrownLook »

As some of you may already be aware, Coldplay's music video for their new single 'Paradise' features a number of shots on the Underground. You can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G4isv_Fylg

I know the shot of the elephant running into the station is at Belsize Park station, as is the shot on the platform (the latter one has the sign in the background!). One other shot shows a sign for both Northern Line and the Bakerloo Line platforms, so that puts it down to one of 4 stations, but I'm not in London enough to know which one it is! I think the carriage shots are a mixture of just Northern and Piccadilly stock, and I don't think there's anything else is there?

Feel free to post your station and stock guesses below, starting with the exact start time of each shot, and I'm sure someone more knowledgeable then me will be able to confirm it!

P.S. I'd love to know where the Zoo is, so if anybody knows please post that too! I'm 99% certain that it's not London Zoo, but the elephant/Chris Martin does get on and off a Boris Bike so I'm assuming it is therefore in London. If I'm honest this is bugging me more than the tube shots I haven't yet figured!
Garion
All Zones

Re: Not a photo quiz - but a video quiz!

Post by Garion »

Here you go :)

00:41 & 00:55 - The Great Wall of Charing Cross (Charing Cross, Northern Line side)
00:45 - Charing Cross Station (Northern Line side, escallators, looking up to the ticket hall)
00:51 - 1995 Stock, looking into the second carriage.
00:58 - 1995 Stock
01:00 - 1973 Stock with a Piccadilly Line map

The trains featured are mostly the 1995 Stock, with only the map used on the 73 Stock trains shown briefly.

And the only London zoo that I know, is the London Zoo that's in Regents Park, although people say getting off at Camden town is closer? (its closer to another station at least).

If you're going to Regent's Park, listen out for: "The next station is Regent's Park. Exit here for local buses to ZSL, London's Zoo." (Tangy can back me up on that :P )

Note, if you are at Charing Cross, look through the windows in the doors and you'll be looking into the past as on the other side, there are the escallators that take you down to the now closed Jubilee Line platforms.
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
nozzacook
All Zones

Re: Not a photo quiz - but a video quiz!

Post by nozzacook »

Nearest Station to the entrance to London Zoo is Camden Town Just Look at any map or Google earth

Sorry post is a bit off topic.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.