My new job (20 questions)

Can you identify a station from just a paving slab? Sadly, some people can
mullardo
Zone 5

Re: My new job (20 questions)

Post by mullardo »

garion24wales wrote:Conductor?
No, 12 left
VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Is you new job passenger facing (dealing with the public)?
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
mullardo
Zone 5

Post by mullardo »

tangy wrote:Is you new job passenger facing (dealing with the public)?
No
VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Working in a call centre?
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
mullardo
Zone 5

Post by mullardo »

greatkingrat wrote:Working in a call centre?
No, 10 left (plus we still need to guess the who for)
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Does your job involve working on the vehicles themselves?
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
mullardo
Zone 5

Post by mullardo »

tangy wrote:Does your job involve working on the vehicles themselves?
No, 9
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

CSA? Announcer dude for Southern?
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
RichieG
Zone 6
Location: Still getting lost between Aldgate and Aldgate East

Post by RichieG »

Signaller
Attempts: 2 (17h38m, 238 stations) (unknown, 200 stations); Completions: 0; GWR: 0; PBs: 0.
#####################################
The Richie G website: occasionally frequently updated.
mullardo
Zone 5

Post by mullardo »

Sam wrote:CSA? Announcer dude for Southern?
No
RichieG wrote:Signaller
No

7 left, i think
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Do you work for a TOC?
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
mullardo
Zone 5

Post by mullardo »

greatkingrat wrote:Do you work for a TOC?
As of next monday, and for the purposes of this 20 questions thingy, yes. 6 left
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

Post by Mitchell&BrownLook »

Just for the record Richie: there's a monorail at quite a few tourist attractions that I can think of from the top of my head. Alton Towers has one which all visitors take from the car park to the entrance where as you travel on it the commentary points out all the things you'll be able to ride on later in the day. There's a terribly slow one at Chester Zoo, but I seem to remember that it's only redeeming factor was that it went close to giraffes which was pretty cool as you were at their height. There's also one at Blackpool Pleasure Beach which is positively ancient and hardly went anywhere at all from what I remember, so I wouldn't be surprised if they've got rid of it because so few people used it.

The best monorail I can think of is at Beaulieu, a stately home which also has the fascinating and very large National Car Collection. It's quite a long ride and ends by actually travelling through the hall where the car collection is held! It's not worth a diversion, but if you go there it's well worth riding. The only other I can think which I've seen for myself is the system at Merry Hill Shopping Centre which looked positively scary to ride. The shopping centre is in an old quarry and the purpose of the monorail was to connect some outer car parks which are at the top of the cliffs to the centre down below, which meant that it goes from riding virtually at ground level to a massive height in just a few metres before steeply descending and entering the building. I saw it about 15 years ago and have heard nothing of it since, but I can tell you that when I visited it was shut as they thought it was about to fall off the tracks!

The only others I know of which I haven't been are at Flamingo Land North Yorkshire and Butlin's in Skegness, but I've not been on either.

By the way, I'm not a fan of monorails I just enjoyed the mental challenge of thinking of as many as I could!

If someone else does not do so I shall investigate if I named them all for my own satisfaction!
mullardo
Zone 5

Post by mullardo »

no other guesses?
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Why don't you just tell us...
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver