Bus route teaser

Can you identify a station from just a paving slab? Sadly, some people can
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Re: Bus route teaser

Post by GuyBarry »

A Challenge wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 08:34 I didn't actually expect someone to know what that was, it was just after seeing it (indecently on The Chase)
What does an indecent bus look like? :shock:
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

GuyBarry wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 14:06
A Challenge wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 08:34 I didn't actually expect someone to know what that was, it was just after seeing it (indecently on The Chase)
And why is Bradley Walsh talking about buses in Guildford? :wink:
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

al wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 20:37
And why, when I got off the number 4 at Guildford bus station yesterday, were there people pouncing on us to hand us copies of the Stagecoach University Bus timetable?
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

GuyBarry wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 21:27 As I mentioned elsewhere, I live on the route of the 20A and 20C buses in Bath.
Alas, not for much longer. Wessex Bus has gone out of business and will cease operating the route on Saturday. Two-thirds of the route will be renumbered as the 20 and operated by First Bus. The remaining third (which is the part that I mainly use) will be taken over by a re-routed U2 university bus, also operated by First, meaning higher fares and a longer journey home. :(
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

RobbieM wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 20:14
al wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 20:37
And why, when I got off the number 4 at Guildford bus station yesterday, were there people pouncing on us to hand us copies of the Stagecoach University Bus timetable?
Presumably as it isn't a Stagecoach route and it goes past the University, and so they don't want the students using it, as they get more money if the students use their services. :o

Presumably they thought you were a student!
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

A Challenge wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 09:35 Presumably they thought you were a student!
I was a student at that very university, but I graduated 24 years ago. Obviously I haven't aged much... :?