Page 1 of 1

Tyne and Wear Metro Challenge?

Posted: 27 Jul 2006, 14:00
by The Chief
Has anyone done this before? I've got a bit spare time tomorrow and might give it the once over. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: Tyne and Wear Metro Challenge?

Posted: 22 Mar 2010, 12:38
by Adham
It would appear not. Until two days ago.

3 hours, 5 minutes, 33 seconds.

Map.

Re: Tyne and Wear Metro Challenge?

Posted: 22 Mar 2010, 13:44
by Mitchell&BrownLook
The return of Adham Fisher!

That's a pretty decent time, I'd got one planned but hadn't actually executed it yet. Well done, I'll let you have it, for now, in return for me taking the Supertram record from you!

Re: Tyne and Wear Metro Challenge?

Posted: 22 Mar 2010, 14:08
by Wanstead
Mitchell&BrownLook wrote:The return of Adham Fisher!

That's a pretty decent time, I'd got one planned but hadn't actually executed it yet. Well done, I'll let you have it, for now, in return for me taking the Supertram record from you!
One day that will be mine.

Hello to Adham, who I knew before I discovered Tube Challenging.

Re: Tyne and Wear Metro Challenge?

Posted: 11 Apr 2010, 18:24
by Adham
Mitchell&BrownLook wrote:The return of Adham Fisher!
Oh yes. I like staging a comeback.

Indeed, hello Paul. We must meet when I am next in Sheffield.

Actually, with the three of us being Supertram veterans, we should do a race on that some day.

New material coming soon...

Re: Tyne and Wear Metro Challenge?

Posted: 15 Apr 2010, 12:17
by Wanstead
Adham wrote:Indeed, hello Paul. We must meet when I am next in Sheffield.

Actually, with the three of us being Supertram veterans, we should do a race on that some day.
Yes, indeed. Stay in touch.
Adham wrote:New material coming soon...
I'm half-expecting you to post a record time for the Midland Metrolink. Probably the only FNC you can do asleep! :roll:

Re: Tyne and Wear Metro Challenge?

Posted: 25 Apr 2010, 00:43
by Adham
Wanstead wrote:I'm half-expecting you to post a record time for the Midland Metrolink. Probably the only FNC you can do asleep!
Evidently, you might not have seen this.

Re: Tyne and Wear Metro Challenge?

Posted: 04 Apr 2015, 16:59
by tractakid
2:52:37.

Re: Tyne and Wear Metro Challenge?

Posted: 02 Apr 2016, 09:47
by Tube Geek
I want to do this sometime, but I've never been to Newcastle or Sunderland, and probably never will. I'm definitely going to do the London one some day, though!

Re: Tyne and Wear Metro Challenge?

Posted: 25 Dec 2017, 13:34
by reese
I recently did a low-speed attempt of the T&W Metro challenge to find any hangups in my route. It took me a little under 5 hours, and I think if I get all of the wrinkles ironed out I can take off about an hour and a half in my next attempt. I'm planning on attempting it again in the next few weeks. I'll post my final time when I finish :)

Re: Tyne and Wear Metro Challenge?

Posted: 13 Mar 2020, 16:50
by Dan Trains
I did it back in December 2019 in 3 hours, 5 minutes and 22 seconds. I think this puts me in second so far (of people who have posted on here).