Helsinki Metro

New York? Sydney? Bognor Regis? We're spoilt for choice ...
Root
All Zones

Helsinki Metro

Post by Root »

Yes, believe it or not, Helsinki does actually have it's own Metro System. Just by sheer co-incidence, and nothing to do with the fact that my mother's side of the family is Finnish, I'm going to be in Finland and near Helsinki this summer, late July - early August.

In the light of my fairly-recent interest in Tube Challenging, I have something of a desire to go and do Helsinki too. I've never even used the Helsinki Metro before, but it's route layout isn't exactly complicated:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ro-map.png

If you want to travel abroad for some Underground Challenging and New York is too expensive, how about a short hop over to Helsinki? Flights are as cheap as £90 each way, and it's a wonderful and beautiful city.

This photo of a Metro train sums it up for me:
I can't think of anywhere on our Underground network with scenery as stunning as that.

Anyone interested?

...Alright, I don't expect anyone to be interested. But I wanted to tell you about this anyway :).
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
gasman
Zone 4

Post by gasman »

Strangely enough, I will actually be in Helsinki at the beginning of August...

...but I've already booked my plane tickets around this event, with no free time before or after to fit in a challenge. Ah well.
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

That is odd.

Shame that you don't have any spare time - if anything changes, just let me know.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings