New York

New York? Sydney? Bognor Regis? We're spoilt for choice ...
palkanetoijala31

Re: New York

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Tube Geek wrote:
greatkingrat wrote:There are three new stations opening on the new Second Avenue Subway that are due to open by the end of December so might be worth waiting for them to open before doing an attempt?
Or be the last person to hold under the current amount. I'd wait though, as it might be reset, making it easier to get the record
If Peter is right then makes sense the record should have been reset quite recently but nobody knows of any time set hence the waiting. Dec what date any latest on that I can wait. And extra station on line 7 were opened after Mr ahn current record.
palkanetoijala31

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:
greatkingrat wrote:There are three new stations opening on the new Second Avenue Subway that are due to open by the end of December so might be worth waiting for them to open before doing an attempt?
Or be the last person to hold under the current amount. I'd wait though, as it might be reset, making it easier to get the record
If Peter is right then makes sense the record should have been reset quite recently but nobody knows of any time set hence the waiting. Dec what date any latest on that I can wait. And extra station on line 7 were opened after Mr ahn current record.
From my sources in New York it looks like will be opened in stages until the whole lot is open. Is late 2016 on schedule I doubt
palkanetoijala31

well a new record has been set anybody up for the challenge open to allcomers it won't be cheap etc. but willing to share the route knowledge.
xcooler123
Zone 5

Post by xcooler123 »

I would be very interested in doing this but it probably won't be feasible for me until the new year.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)
tufnellpark
Zone 3

Post by tufnellpark »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:well a new record has been set anybody up for the challenge open to allcomers it won't be cheap etc. but willing to share the route knowledge.
One extra station (Hudson Yards) and 21 minutes quicker. Hugo's double is a machine! Presumably when the three new stations on Q line open in Dec 2016, the WR is up for grabs but I suspect Matthew Ahn will be attempting it again next year.
London 16h:14m:10s Paris 13:23:33 Z1 02:57:53 Metrolink 05:53:25 Lands End to John O'Groats by bus 3d:8h:17m All the Stations 35d:10h:10m
palkanetoijala31

tufnellpark wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:well a new record has been set anybody up for the challenge open to allcomers it won't be cheap etc. but willing to share the route knowledge.
One extra station (Hudson Yards) and 21 minutes quicker. Hugo's double is a machine! Presumably when the three new stations on Q line open in Dec 2016, the WR is up for grabs but I suspect Matthew Ahn will be attempting it again next year.
those stations will not be open in Dec 16 latest opening is unknown so I'm guessing current record will be same for while. and Mr ahn does have advantage of living there. surfice to say we do have a route which is quicker
palkanetoijala31

so Peter route from years back has been refined a little the 6 of us former record holders know the crux to get right and that Is sorted this time. a few things have been changed the running pace is roughly the same and it wasnt hell for leather pace. so im looking at early april next year 1 week tying it in with an american parkrun to be decided so is anybody up for it.

parkrun probably Washington area easy to get too and three to choose from unless new york ever gets that parkrun up and running.
palkanetoijala31

it's surprising that no one has come forward to even declare an interest the route is there and even with several and I mean several missed trains you can still claim a Guinness world record willing to share if not looks like 2 men 1 lady.
xcooler123
Zone 5

Post by xcooler123 »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:it's surprising that no one has come forward to even declare an interest the route is there and even with several and I mean several missed trains you can still claim a Guinness world record willing to share if not looks like 2 men 1 lady.
I am still very interested and it looks like it would be feasible for me to do :D
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

I am very interested, I have been meaning to go back to NYC ever since our first record. I would be available to do the proposed date.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
palkanetoijala31

ok both of u pm me please
palkanetoijala31

ok we are looking at this for april next year of course new york only put timetables 2 weeks in advance of maintenance work so we work around it when comes along if need be.? a few people have expressed interest and now is the time with 6 months time to sort out possibilities in april next year of dates flights accommodation etc. i be happy to organise this all but obviously not the paying lol
CamdenTown
Zone 1

Post by CamdenTown »

Hey everyone - I'm going to give the NYC subway an attempt this Thursday. I'm not sure if anyone has given it a go since the 2nd Avenue Q extension came online. In any event, my hope is to get as close to the existing record time as possible, despite the additional three stops. It'll be a tough feat and I recognize odds are slim, but might as well shoot for breaking a record rather than simply resetting it! Will post results. Cheers.
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Good luck
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Yes, good luck!

I look forward to the write up :D
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)