Merseyrail

New York? Sydney? Bognor Regis? We're spoilt for choice ...
JoeGJ1984
Zone 3

Merseyrail

Post by JoeGJ1984 »

I was half-thinking at attempting the Merseyrail challenge (one of the UK networks that no-one on this forum has attempted/covered yet) (map at http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/pdf/Mers ... orkMap.pdf). There is a Saveaway ticket available which (if you get it for all areas and it's only available for off-peak after 0930 n a working weekday) allows unlimited travel in the yellow area, and extending out into the lines with a purple background towards Omskirk, Chester and Ellesmere Port. In addition, it allows travel on buses and ferries. The network consists of the Northern and Wirral lines. And there is also the City Line which is not really a Merseyrail line and has stations outside the Saveaway area. So I'm thinking that the city line shouldn't need to be included in a challenge (like the National Rail lines around London when doing the FNC of the London Underground). Do people think it's reasonable to exclude the City Line (they're not actually run by Merseyrail)? Because I then couldn't do it all on one ticket. On the other hand, there isn't that much variation when doing just the City and Wirral lines.
Wanstead
Zone 4

Re: Merseyrail

Post by Wanstead »

Everything in the yellow box would be the easiest to define for a challenge. It is meant to be a challenge after all, not what's most convenient to do on one ticket.
Full Network - Attempts: 1 | Completions: 1 (17h28m57s on 14/09/09)